Easy Office

Are our exam papers really checked?

Page no : 5

Charmi Vasani (CA FINAL STUDENT) (50 Points)
Replied 08 September 2009

ya there is a procedure but result % are predecided. so after completion of checking our papers they see how much result is der.. if it is more than predecided result than they chose a subject and cut about 5 to 10 marks of all students who have passed in checking.. after that also if desired % of result is not found than they again cut marks from students result who have passed from previous mass cutting.. so we never get our desired result.. this is the procedure i know

CA Harish Suwalka (Chartered Accountant ( Bhilwara ))   (4125 Points)
Replied 09 September 2009

ICAI's checking policy doesn't have any logic !

pankaj sharma (CA ) (324 Points)
Replied 09 September 2009

e1 i doubt the same!!!

Ravi (CA FINAL) (64 Points)
Replied 18 September 2009

Did anyone got result of retotalling of june 2009 final examination???

Ravi (CA FINAL) (64 Points)
Replied 18 September 2009

Do retotalling helps i mean i got 59 in a subject are there any chances of getting exemption in it?

jignesh dhameliya (rohira mehta & asso)   (21 Points)
Replied 17 February 2011

Originally posted by : Member (Account Deleted)
The matter is not checked only the retotalling is done. If u r sure abt ur marks then go for it.

GANESH MAHADEO UPALKAR (ARTICLED ASSISTANT) (256 Points)
Replied 21 September 2014

1. There are no standard deductions only standard additions. If you read the examiner's remarks after every suggested answer booklet you will realise non of the students ever give satisfactory answers therefore standard additions have become necessary in certain subjects. Also the checking process is carried out in at least 3 levels. It is possible that the initial corrector would have given you 45 marks but his superior may decrease that because he may have found certain wrongs in the answer that the initial checker may have missed.
  2. Marks are distributed based on the points that are covered in the answer. This gives the institute flexibility to reduce the number of students who will pass. An example could be - Suppose there is a question in CA final Direct taxes paper asking the student to explain taxation of a non resident who is in the shipping business, a student normally will answer based on section 44B which covers taxation of profit and gains from business and profession very few would even write or explain section 172 which is also another section dealing with such business albeit the short term ones. Now assuming the institute wants to make the marking scheme tougher all they have to do is increase the marks for section 172 knowing fully well that not many may know or even write about it !! The institute analyses past results and has a good idea of the student's mentality; that is why they are able to guess the questions that can really strain our brains in those 3 hours.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: