Always honor your past

srikanth (Accountant) (611 Points)

26 August 2011  

Always Honor Your Past

Every second you dwell on your past, you steal from your future. Every minute you spend focusing on your problems, you take away from finding your solutions. And thinking about all those things that you wish never happened to you is actually blocking all the things you want to happen from entering into your life. It makes no sense to worry about past events or mistakes unless you want to experience them for a second time. Instead, use the lessons you have learned from your past to rise to a whole new level of awareness and enlightenment. In other words, your past experiences are one of your best teachers. Be Grateful that you went through those tough times as those event have made you the person you are today.

If you notice, Life’s greatest setbacks reveal Life’s biggest opportunities. If you have suffered more than your fair share of difficulties in life, perhaps you are being prepared to serve some greater purpose that will require you to be equipped with the wisdom you have acquired through your trials in the past. Use these life lessons to fuel your future growth. Remember, happy people have often experienced as much adversity as those who are unhappy. What sets them apart is that they have the good sense to manage their memories in a way that enriches their lives in different ways.

And understand that if you have failed more than others, there is a very good chance you are living more completely than others. Those who take more chances and dare to be more and do more than others will naturally experience more failures. I would rather push myself to try something new and then fail, than to never have tried at all. I would prefer to feel good about being hard on myself and having achieved something really challenging rather than living a life of comfort, security and mediocrity. That’s the essence of true life success.

As Booker T. Washington said, “I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles he has overcome while trying to succeed.”

Keep learning from your past!