Easy Office
LCI Learning

After 2 attempts plz beware

Page no : 2

(Guest)

agree with FAIZ

Gurpreet Singh Samby (CA Final) (81 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

ICAI does mark moderation irrespective of the number of attempts.

(Guest)

Respected CA Sanjay Jha,

Humble request to you....... Please don't spread such kind of rumors......... A CA Student, who has failed three times and who is willing to attempt 4th time with full vigour may get DISTRACTED by such analysis..........Please,,,, you are a Chartered Accountant..... You should encourage juniors by motivating them & not by creating artificial PANIC............

Please.......

Thanks

4 Like

charanteja.nsr (ACMA and BCOM) (818 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

plzz freinds dont take it serious just a caution from our friend to complete the phase as early as possible ..tanx

Ritesh (CA Final) (326 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

Sanjay Sir

With due respect to you, please dont spread such baseless rumours......What do u expect by showing such mark moderation Technque? Students who are already going through tough times post Exams, will only get disheartened from this baseless rumour of yours.

Please give some study Tips to the students.....That will be greatly appreciated...

Satvir Singh (Newly minted CA) (1733 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

Please stop these kind of things. It might be because most intelligent guys clear in 1st or 2nd attempt, thats why that rate is high.

I have also seen some people saying pass % of PE-II is lower, so this is injustice. But see, those who are still in PE-II are not most intelligent, so pass % will obviously be low.

Please don't mind what I have written. I don't want to critise anyone. This is just an analysis as everyone else is doing here,

Somshekar (Rankholder) (-) (158 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

agreed with sanjay sir,  as one have to be accurate and sure to clear the ca exam. as the student  does not clear  in 2 or more attempts he loose hope,confidence & interest.

even you attempt 80 marks you should be confident that you will get atleast 50 %.

Santhosh Poojary (SIEMPRE AHÍ PARA TI) (15607 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

Originally posted by : Nishant

Respected CA Sanjay Jha,

Humble request to you....... Please don't spread such kind of rumors......... A CA Student, who has failed three times and who is willing to attempt 4th time with full vigour may get DISTRACTED by such analysis..........Please,,,, you are a Chartered Accountant..... You should encourage juniors by motivating them & not by creating artificial PANIC............

Please.......

Thanks

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH NISHANT...

PLS SANJAY SIR ..DNT DISCOURAGE STUDENTS ATLEAST....

Replied 21 July 2010

Originally posted by : CA Sanjay Jha

ICAI adopted Mark Moderation Technique (as per other internal sources)

IT is only observation. but acquarate difinitely

Attempt                      solve No of marks                      mark getting

1 to 2                                      60                                               50+

3 to 4                                      80                                               55

5+                                          100                                              55

it is mark moderation 

As per all student mark evaluation one thing is very clear i.e. after 1st and 2nd attempt mark getting is big problem reason of Mark Moderation technique.

So ensure if u have to want pass onwards 3rd attempt solve acquarately 100% so that get minimum 50% mark

DEAR SANJAY SIR.....I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU..

PLS KEEP MOTIVATING  US ( STUDENTS) INSTEAD OF DISCOURAGE..

Replied 21 July 2010

Originally posted by : Faiz Ahmed
I don't believe in the above observation. What counts is how a student performs in exam.  Have a look at the mark sheet of AIR 3 of Final course. This candidate(Ranker in May 2010) has failed many times before this......

ROLL Number
00104      *Check Merit

Name
ARCHIT ATULBHAI SHAH

Group I

Advanced Accounting

Management Accounting and Financial Analysis

Advanced Auditing

Corporate Laws and Secretarial Practice

Total

Result
PASS

Group II

Cost Management

Management Information & Control Systems

Direct Taxes

Indirect Taxes

Total

Result
PASS

Grand Total

ROLL Number

Name
ARCHIT ATULBHAI SHAH

Reg No
WRO0243720

Total marks

Rank No

Archit has failed in at least  5 subjects before this... So the above result shows performance and dedication counts. Nothing is impossible for a willing heart.

TOTALLY  AGREE WITH YOU....THANKS FOR MOTIVATION

Sids (ARTICLESHIP) (181 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

Nice Observation.  Thanxx a lot,Sanjay Sir

Suvarna Goel (-) (351 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

Why does ICAI doesnt ask the name of our GrandFather in the xam form?

Simple huh? It has no connection with the Exam itself !!

Then...

Why do we need to put the No. of Attempts in the xam form? Why does ICAI need to know that while accepting our form?

Simple...

1st attempt candidates are identified and are given more scope to pass. 2nd Attempt & more seniors...need to sweat it out.

1 Like

Ranotosh Podder (ca student) (394 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

the revelation made by sanjay sir should not be considered as discouragement ,but as a  fact if it is true.  

sahil schroff (CA Final (N10)) (116 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

No disrespect but this will only serve to demoralize most students especially keeping in mind the current result patterns. Don't add more fuel to the fire of rumours. Unless an extremely senior officer comes, grabs you by the collar and screams it in your ear, keep your inside knowledge to yourself.

1 Like

Nikunj (Article) (65 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

Pls sir dont talk rubbish i m amazed to know even many students r supporting u pls cut tht crap. this is really not expected frm a ca. articles like me who have given their 2nd attempt will lose their confidence pls sir this is a humble request..

1 Like

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: