Easy Office

accounts nov 10 final paper

Page no : 3

Tejas (M.Com CA CS CFA (US) Prog. Grad..)   (354 Points)
Replied 09 November 2010

Nov 2010 Final New Accounts was not very bad.

24 marks from AS 30 to 32  was another piece of expected stupidity from the ICAI. Top notch CFOs don't know AS 30 yet and they expect students to know its application. Anyways as I said it was expected so no surprises there. 

Consolidation was very very very easy.

Amalgamation was almost copy paste from May1988 paper. But people got confused and used the intrinsic value method to do it when it was not to be done by that method.

Apart from AS 30 to 32, the other AS were repeated Qs from PY papers which are also in most author books. 

Question on SAR was also repeated.

There was a question on valuation of liabilities which was from the module. Many major reference books do not cover that topic since its just three pages in the module. Apparently the ICAI wants to tell students to use their module irrespective of how pathetic it may be.

There was a question on treatment of depletion of oil wells as per IFRS 6. Just put to ensure results stay low.

praveen (Chartered Accountant) (6971 Points)
Replied 09 November 2010

Financial Reporting paper was at expected difficulty levels

anything between 40 - 60 is good enough for this paper

CA Gaurav Tiwari (ARTICLED ASSISTANT) (25 Points)
Replied 09 November 2010

i attempted for accounts old course.

i was very happy to see that question no. 5 & 6 which carried a weightage of 32 marks were directly copy paste from praveen sharma sir's book, apart from this the rest of the paper was was also quite ok, all in all a good paper to score, but at the same time a bit lengthy also. 

jignesh l bhatia (CA) (78 Points)
Replied 10 November 2010

Originally posted by : Ankit Chandrakant Trivedi

Final New course paper was extremely eay to pass.. All the questions from Module..

1 thing for sure u cant ignore modules at all for Accounts, FM & Costing..

All the best........

Hey if DOnt Mind i want to ask when u r saying refer MOdules

i want to say that the module doesn't contain many sums rather  it contains lot of theory

are u talking about the practice Manual issued by institute ??

Pls Dont mind i hav never used MOdules for my Studies

Pls Reply..!!!!

GAGAN ( ) (119 Points)
Replied 11 November 2010

hw was the accounts paper

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro