Accounts ipcc grp 1

*RENU SINGH * (✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩ )   (21627 Points)

18 October 2013  

I have got 4 request upon the same topic in last 7 days. So, Here I'm presenting my opinion. I'd request to all CA and CA finals to add value to the forum as well, So that it would be become more helpful.

It's my idea about accounts group 1. This post is mainly for the persons who are in job and hadn't prepared anything at all.

1. Accounting Standard :- Must chapter as it contains 20-25 marks.

2. Amalgamation: -  15 marks question is almost compulsory.  Otherwise reconstruction question can be asked in its return. But if u have done amalgamation, then it won’t be tough to do reconstruction as it’s mere balancing the balance sheet.

3. Not for profit n Incomplete records: - are also quite similar in every aspect. If u have done one chapter, you can do other one by itself. My suggestion is to go for Not for profit at first.  (15 marks)

4. Partnership is normally associated with admission n retirement at the same time. So focus on calculating ratios and goodwill. If you calculated it perfectly, half work is done.

5. Hire-Purchase: - As the chapter has been modified a lot, so better to focus as probabilities of this chapter is quite high. But still the marks are not going beyond 5 marks.

6. Accounting in computerized environment: -  This is the one & only theory chapter in accounts. So, 5 marks question would eventually come.

7. And afterwards you can focus on Insurance claim and Investment accounts as they even combine 5 marks each.

8. Time is literally less than required.  So u can combine PM+  2 RTP and 1 compiler atleast for achieving  40 marks.

Please note I’m not saying not to prepare other chapters. If you can do everything, then don’t leave any stone unturned.

Regards

Renu.