Easy Office
LCI Learning

A test for your iq! try this!!!

Page no : 2

CA Sanjay Bag (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (3340 Points)
Replied 11 December 2012

The First Answer :

1st Ball :  First Batsman Hit a Dil-Scoop to a Wicket Keepers Helmet on the Field, so he get 5 runs for it.

2nd Ball : First Batsman get a 1 run ; so he reached 100.

3rd Ball : 2nd Batsman hit a six

As a result of which, Both Scored 100 reamaining not out and win the match

The Alternative Answer:

1st Ball : The First Bats man hits a boundary (so, he scores four run).

2nd Ball : The First Bats man hits a shot for three run, but he makes one run short. (So, it will be counted as two run and the first batsman score his century)

3rd Ball : 2nd Batsman hit a six

As a result of which, Both Scored 100 reamaining not out and win the match

raunak (CA) (369 Points)
Replied 11 December 2012

First of all If the ball hits the helmet..Batsman never get 5 runs..5 runs go in the extra column.....

The answer according to me wud be..

FIRST BALL-....BATSMAN HITS 6.

SECOND BALL- BATSMAN HITS A LOFTED SHOT...THEY CROSS THE PITCH..AND THE FIRST BATSMAN GETS OUT.,,,,THE OTHER BATSMAN GETS ON STRIKE

THIRD BALL-- HITS A 6....

CA Sanjay Bag (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (3340 Points)
Replied 11 December 2012

@ Mr.Raunak probably you are not read the question care fully, there is a condition that the both batsman will remain not out at the end of the game. 

After reading your post I read Cricket Law book throughly and then I can tell you  that my first answer may not correct but the second answer is very much correct.

HSMANOHARAN (PRACTISING COST ACCOUNTANT)   (22 Points)
Replied 11 December 2012

very simple..

first batsman scored a six and he got 100, the next ball he was run not and the other batsman get into the stricking end and the last batsman came in. the last ball he scored six and got 100 and the match ended by win

CA Srikanth Yadav (Chartered Accountant) (3162 Points)
Replied 11 December 2012

Originally posted by : NEERAJ SINGH

Scenario 1:

Ball 1: Batsman A hits a six and acknowledges the cheers for his century, but while hitting the shot develops a cramp and gets retired hurt.

Ball 2: New batsmen arrives at the crease, tries to steal a single but gets run out at non striker's end. As wicket no 9 goes down, the retired batsman (Batsman A) comes to the crease and stays at non striker end.

Ball 3 : Batsman B, now at the striker's end, hits another six and acknowledges the cheers for his century.

The team wins and both end up scoring 100.

Scenario 2:

Opposite of the above, Batsmen B  faces the first ball and Batsman A faces the last.

Scenario 3:

Ball 1: Batsman A runs 3 and the fielder overthrows for boundary. But the umpire cancels 1 run for batsman running midway on the pitch. Effectively, only six runs are awarded and the first batsman completes 100.

Ball 2: Batsman B hits six. Match won.

Scenario 4:

Opposite of 3

You reflected exactly what's there in my mind!!!yes

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: