Easy Office
LCI Learning

A driver vs. fresh ca

Page no : 2

mukeshm (Finance ,MIS) (223 Points)
Replied 12 November 2012

VERRRYY TRUE REALITY SHARED ...THANKS SIR

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 12 November 2012

There is always a difference of  opinions in two generations but it doen't mean one is always wrong and other is always right. 

In my coaching classes; more than 80% result was always there and one student who came from Gujarati Medium got highest marks in India in Group II of CS Executive. And you would glad to know that none of my student is in JOB. All are practising CS.  My all the students can speak very well in English who came from Gujarati and Hindi Medium. This was achieved when they joined CS Foundation. We purused them to join any professional firm for practical knowledge. Because most of the commerce students don't study for more than 3 hours daily. Hence rest of the day is not utilized for the profession.

After leaving that coaching, I was unanimously elected as CPE Study Circle's Convener and I arranged classes for Senior CAs to transform them into professional speakers. 

Mr. Prabhu, it seems you have just joined this club and have not seen my articles written for students and members. 

You are talking about some rare personalities who are not only good in speaking but authors as well of the books. 

An author always has indepth knowledge about the subject. 

I am talking about general practice of coaching classes. Regarding Praveen Sharma; I must say he is wonderful.

There is no end of arguments if we don't want to rectify our own mistakes. 

If I am completely wrong; then why some of the readers do agree with me?

And further; they belong to your generation. 

It seems you have not noticed what I have written in the post : A driver Vs. Fresh CA. 

( Even though they have passed;  fresh CAs are not finding job in Ahmedabad also).

I request any of the students (whether qualified or unqualified) to approach any practising CA and ask them that they know PRACTICAL ACCOUNTING very well and surely they will be employed for not less than Rs.20,000/- a month initially.  

( You have to approach in class B cities ).

One may refer my article at caclub :

How to start your own practice as CA/CS/ICWA 

Replied 12 November 2012

@ Nikhil, if one makes a product suitable for foreign countries only then he need not try to sell it in India. 

(Hope you will easily understand what I mean if you wish to engage in merger and amalgamation practice in Surat).

The comparison of Driver Vs. Fresh CA is not made by me......it is the client who has really told such words which are shocking.....and that also to a CA firm which is engaged  in pure management consultancy in Surat and providing its service to  more than 50 companies.

Those who were pursued to do CA by "someone" in 2007; are now facing problems because they didn't change their strategy. Why? Things were drastically changed by the end of 2008 which nobody imagined what will happen in 2011 & 2012 for CA profession. ( I closed coaching in May,2010). 

When there were poor results of CA Final in  2009 & 2010, I have discussed in length at caclub that results are  badly affected due to bad economy. (There were good results in 2004,2005,2006,2007 & 2008 because economy was booming). Nobody was ready to accept my view at that time because for them there is no correlation between CA Results and Economy.

Back in the Game (a) (1273 Points)
Replied 12 November 2012

@ Nikhil i agree with ur points there are very Feww articles who get experienced in corporarte Finance,costing...

but Mr Rakecha is a Visionary call it eye opener or mind opener

but he s at falut wen is blaming only coaching classes..

i don understandd why cant he understandd lapses of icai...

i ask some specific questions and demand specific answers from MR Rakecha

1)The ICAI is really selfish in mandatorly asking us to get trained from its members only in Audit,Tax & Accounts& get paid for 1000.only...wat abt systems audit,Costing,Corporate Finance ....how manny CA is u Find Practicing in this domain....

Do u knw other Premier institutes like ACCA(UK),CIMA(UK),CFA(US),CMA(US) are all bothered to just get us trained in Relavant industry..it really doesnt matter to them whether we get trained under member or non member....but in context of icai its PRACTISING MEMBERS ONLY

Why is this criteria off Bond for 3 years is required....other institutes just need a certficate....

The ICAI needs to open up if it wants its students to grow professionally...produce quality CA's....

There is no point in producing CA based on demand....and economy...

Crux"A CA passing knows something of everything,but doesnt ve sure shot knowledge of anything".

if it wants its members to achieve excellence-

Even Talent(talented person) can open first 2 doors...

the third door to excellence comes by attitude and attitude by love for something to do & love for somthing to do will come from talent & interest...

Vijay (B.Com) (42 Points)
Replied 12 November 2012

Such negative thoughts like Driver V/s CA must not be posted here. Person who has posted this should be asked that " whether you will keep driver in place of CA to do Audit of your Client " Second question " is it money which should be the only parameter of success?

Nikhil Saraf (Chartered Accountant) (50 Points)
Replied 12 November 2012

Dear Surendra Sir,

That is where we expect learned and knowledgeable seniors like you to guide the younger lot. No offence meant Sir but during articleship we are exposed to a very limited area. When I listened to Sir Rajiv Singh, that was when a lot of us including me realized there is a lot more for a Chartered Accountant to do other than Audit, Taxation and Accounts. Finance only has vast sub sectors maybe IB, PE, Alternative Investment Management, Wealth Management and I can keep on talking. Even Taxation is not learnt holistically (talk about International Taxation or Transfer Pricing). What is the use then being a frog of a well?

Regarding M&A, someone has to be a pioneer, Sir. Chartered Accountants are considered as the most intellectually capable individuals. We should not consider some mundane and unimaginative persons's disgraceful comment to our honourable profession.

Howsoever might be the results, are 2 lakh Chartered Accountants enough for a 120+ crore population? Or for a country which is termed as the land of opportunities? For a country which is still developing?

Sir, I and all of us have a lot to learn from you and we are really blessed to have such a resourceful person among us. Its just my humble opinion Sir that instead of criticizing something, we should probably look forward to how can it lead to our betterment? There are always two faces of a coin. We are to choose.

3 Like

Replied 12 November 2012

Such a Negative thoughts should not be allowed here

I would like to ask Mr. Surendra Kumar :

1) will you appoint a driver in place of CA to do audit of Your client to give a Driver respect for getting more salary?

2) is money is only parameter of success ?

3) Your intelligence is due to your self or given by god ?

Regards

Your trully

1 Like

Replied 12 November 2012

@ Nikhil, I have already posted solutions to the prolems and raised queries before the Central/Regional council candidates. 

At caclub; you may refer the following link : 

/forum/the-profession-of-chartered-accountancy-227280.asp#.UKCx22LTDW4

1 Like

Replied 12 November 2012

I really surprise to the comments of  Mr. Vijay who has just entered into the site (today). 

Many serniors discuss about the attitude of articled clerks.

Recently; I discussed with one sitting council member CA Ashok Jain, WIRC.

One of his client approached him to get articleship in big four for his son. He referred his name. Thenafter that student's  approach advanced to find a good area of work than the availability of seat with the firm (as it was assured). Soon after he realized that whatever was offered was too good. After 3 weeks; he approached again to him but now no  seat was availalbe. What do you think about the  attitude of the "known person" towards CA Ashok Jain now? He was very unhappy.  What was his benefit to refer the name of the candidate?  He was obliging at the cost of his valuable time.  

The above example has been referred because NOW ARTICLED CLERKS TAKE INTERVIEW OF THE SENIORS !

And still they EXPECT  that they DESERVE LOVE AND AFFECTION  OF THEIR SENIORS !

I CAN THINK EITHER SIDE OF THE SITUATION : 

1. If the information is wrong; then immediately one question is raised. Why fresh CAs are unemployed? 

Please read the contents of my post again to know what was the need of the client  and how he indirectly compared  a CA with a Driver in terms of money. 

He was not in need of a CA. It was the service provided (free of cost) by the practising CA that he forwarded the resume of one UNEMPLOYED CA (without expecting any thanks from the guy).

We have also referred many times such candidates to the clients and the candidates never in turn THANKED after joining ! 

Hope now readers have understood the circumstances very clearly.

2. Success is what which gives you satisfaction. If one is ready to accept lower amount and still calls it a success; than for others it is not a problem.

The unemployed CA must be happy that he could find a job due to reference of one Practising CA; whatever it was initially.

Now he got one platform to show his abilities. 

( I think now nothing is remained to comment again ).  

3. Regarding intelligence, neither me nor God knows about it.  

You may  judge it from the following line:

Please reexamine your last  words and then decide (otherwise readers will decide);

You know very well how much you regards me truly

Although I am of view that one's intelligence  is always judged/recognized by majority of people. It is not the AUTHORITY OF A SINGLE PERSON TO DECIDE

( Many of brilliant students underperform  in CA Final exams especially in the very first paper of Accountancy on what basis they joined CA ).  Still we can't say that they are not brilliant.   

So passing, earning and winning arguments are not the criteria of success; success lies in ONE'S SATISFACTION.

Home work for you : Please elaborate again these three words accordingly to your perception. 

Wish you all the best.

HAPPY DIWALI.cheeky

Saurabh Gattani (CA) (122 Points)
Replied 12 November 2012

First Thing first.....people who say that in 80's or early 90's they passed in 1 st attmpt without classes....i Just want to them what did they study...for eg..in computers dat we call as ISCA today, questions were like, full form of RAM,What is CPU??......for that even we donot need to study for a single whole day forget about classes.....&  Now let us take tax...there was no IDT.... In accounts...nothing called Accounting standards was there...

I can go on & on but the fact of the matter is that even today's CPT student could have cracked the final 20 years ago......I donot want to ridicule the Old generation but just want to say dat every generation has its own challenges..... So Dont ridicule this generation by comparing it to drivers.....

2 Like

goluji (CA FINAL CS FINAL LLB student)   (79 Points)
Replied 12 November 2012

Dear CA Surendra Sir,

Infact clearing of CA xams also means a lot in this course, only doing articleship does not secure you to clear xams, as all firms are not competent like Big 4 or such big firms where articles are well equipped with experience from their firms enough to get knowledge to clear xams, so there is no any logical ground in draging Coaching Classes, many CAs are forgetting that once they used to be articles and they also take revenge from their articles, y dont u focus on that issue too sir, only sharing ill experiences which u faced from articles does not make an valauble research from your part.

And as said by Vijay that is money only barometer of success?

May be you are extra ordinary genius Sir as reflected from your posts but you should also share articles that can help articles instead other than spoiling image of profession, it is alright to draw attention of this topic, that u already made sir in earlier article than y continously focusing on the same issue regrading articleship and coaching classes by hypothetical case studies and creating negative impressions of this profession, u r learned professional therefore I feel sorry to draw your attention on this matter.

Replied 12 November 2012

In 1980; we had SADP (System Analysis and Data Processing) subject but  never seen a Computer !

Still I passed it with 60% plus marks knowing nothing about it. 

(humour cum reality)cheeky

1 Like

CA Vikas Kumar Sharma (CA) (494 Points)
Replied 12 November 2012

Dear All,

For current situation, we could not blame only one factor (Like coaching Institute) or any else.

There is lots of problem and factor.

I just want to say that – Please respect your seniors and try to understand the message.

Finally it will for the betterment of student and newly qualified CA or future CA.

Please behave like a “Swan-Hans”, if you think some words hurt you than just ignore them and take the benefit of rest – if someone think like that.

2 Like

Replied 12 November 2012

What mistake is committed by anyone; can be rectified.

The process can be started immediately. 

If anyone knows the solution; please share.

If we don't know the solution of  problems of ourself;

then for what sake we are known as consultants?

HOPE JUNIORS WILL CONTRIBUTE A LOT AS WERE DISCUSSED EARLIER BY THEM.

Further; Indians are always interested to do URGENT WORK only -

like reading subject materials when exams come near,

last hours finalization of books and auditing thereof,

last hour return filing and so on.  

Further one can see our top performance especially in marriage seasons.

Our performance is always at peak on these days !cheeky

So, it is proved that Indians do urgent work only.

They wait till a NORMAL WORK  doesn't become URGENT - (humour).smiley

THE SITUATION IS ALARMING TO THE PROFESSION.

IF SOMETHING IS WRONG AND DUE TO ONE WHO DARES TO BRING THE FACT TO THE PUBLIC DESPITE BEARING ADVERSE COMMENTS OF SOME OF THEM; STILL IT IS A GOOD WORK. 

THERE IS ALWAYS AN OPPOSITION TO THE GOOD WORK.

REVOLUTION BEGINS WHEN HARD FACTS ARE BROUGHT TO THE NOTICE OF THE MASS.

Replied 12 November 2012

I appreciate Mr. Surendra Sir for giving answers. I am sorry if you are being heart by any of my words.

( My english is not good as i am a Hindi medium student). But i stand with my opinion that no body has 

right to discourage any body. I know more than 1 persons who are hardly 10 th pass and earns much 

more than a CA practicing for more than 20 years. So does it means that CA who practicing for more than 

years is wasting his time or he does not have knowledge.

Any comments are welcome

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: