1% tds budget 2013

 

I am planning to sell a residential real estate(house) in 2013 more than 50 lakhs value in India. In order to avoid the new Budget law: TDS 1% tax on the Transaction value (Sale Price) how many many months I have in my hand. What is the last date in the Year 2013 before I need to sell my house to avoid the new 1% TDS ? Please explain experts. 
Who pays the 1% TDS ? (buyer or seller)
Replies (2)

This provision will be applicable in respect of transactions effected on or after 01.06.2013 and TDS shall be deducted by the buyer who will pay money..

 

Source: https://www.indiantaxupdates.com/2013/02/28/tds-1-on-transfer-of-immovable-property-exceeding-rs-50-lakhs/

Hello Sir, Thanks for answering my question. I agree May 31st is the last date for real estate transaction sale in-order to avoid 1% TDS.

I just want to confirm March 31st 2013 is not the last date ? (April 1 is the Start of the India Govt Financial Year)

Is there any Official source/Govt website that tells all the budget announcements or this particular 1% TDS law will be implementated after May 31st 2013 ?
I have read the following link.
https://www.indiantaxupdates.com/2013/02/28/tds-1-on-transfer-of-immovable-property-exceeding-rs-50-lakhs/

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details