Easy Office

[official] cfa thread for ca/cs students

Page no : 14

Mickey pants (none) (27 Points)
Replied 28 September 2013

hi espinoage... can you tell me format of l1,l2,l3 are they mcq-based or you have to define the reason of choosing a,b,c,d

i have cheked frm d site waana confirm frm ur side ....... :0wink

Mehul (CA) (21 Points)
Replied 03 October 2013

Hey espionage...... Congrats on passing L-2.  Any suggestions while preparing for L-2 exam like any reference materials etc. :)

aayushi gupta (student) (24 Points)
Replied 09 October 2013

i understand that we need a total of 4 years experience to get the CFA charter but can i give the level 1 exam while i am in my Seconf year of Bcom? Am i eligible for that?

Munish Arora (B.COM,CA Final) (34 Points)
Replied 11 October 2013

what are career opportunities after prm???

and in which terms it is different from frm???

Replied 21 October 2013

PRM recognized in indian markets much as FRM/CFA ?...  

Rahul (Student) (41 Points)
Replied 24 October 2013

Hey espionage and everybody else,

I am not to discourage you guys present here but only seek a confirmation.

I was planning to do CFA. Infact, you guys would see my posts in this forum circa July-August period related to queries about CFA.

I recently attended my CA Final GMCS batch. Met there with a guys from Kolkata who has completed his CA Final and then went for CFA. He didn't get a job using his CFA qualification. So he had come back to do his GMCS so that he could join the Campus Interview conducted in August- September.

He was lucky and got a job at Bajaj Capital with a package of around 6 Lacs.

Hearing about him and later consulting few person in this industry as well as searching jobs on the internet, I came to the conclusion that CFA isn't worth and dropped the plan for L1 by six months.

Please advise, is the situation really this bad?

Mansi ( ) (130 Points)
Replied 25 October 2013

Hello,

Which are short duration certificate courses (e.g. quantitative engineering,financial modelling, equity research, wealth management...) which would be advised for a ca plus cfa level 3 candidate (fresher by experience in finance field). That enhance the C.V. as well as are recognized by industry.

Appreciate your time.

Regards.

sandeep kumar khatua (re) (22 Points)
Replied 04 November 2013

Originally posted by : espionage

wuts up guyz... any queries ?

*PEACE*

hey  espionage, m hoping to get some advice frm you. i am planning to do CFA(US),bt nt much sure whether i could handle the curriculum or not,bt iam greatly interested in it.So i am planning on getting a second hand curriculum book of 2012 frm olx site.Bt wat iactually wanted to ask u was which books should i start studying first in order to know that i am capable of handling the curriculum when i eventually register?

regards,

sandeep

bhavya sanghvi (none) (34 Points)
Replied 06 November 2013

Hi Espionage,

im a CA final student. cleared IPCC in may'13 & currently in the 2nd yr of B.COM.(mumbai university)

1) My 2nd year final semester is in the month of March'14.(hopefully before 12th of march'14  bcz that being the last date of registration.)

After appearing for this exam ,will this be enough for me to be called in 3rd yr of Bachelors degree &  can i register for June'14 level 1 exam ???? 

2) Also, while registering for level 1-june'14 exam,

how will I need to prove to CFA institute that im in the 3rd year of Bachelors degree  ?

what documents are asked in this context ?

OR  is it self-declaration without the need of submitting any such documents.

Thanks in Advance :)

This thread is really Helpful.

Neha Mittal (CS) (24 Points)
Replied 13 November 2013

I am a CS Final student, doing my training, I have been thinking about CFA for some time.

I want to get into investment banking, and out of all the options available CFA Makes sense.

Sharing some resources i found out on youtube and google:

Everything that you need to know about CFA Program!

https://youtu.be/Z1fGHLKA2zk

Why I Earned the CFA Charter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY9XWuYIbUk&feature=share&list=PLB1C332A6090442BE

1 Like

espionage (human being...) (769 Points)
Replied 16 November 2013

@ rahul there is somewhat truth in your post, but not complete truth..
CFA is a highly respected charter in the finance field and no wonder hoards of indian & chinese students are going in for the qualification.

As for the jobs India is still an infant market for CFA's . The number speaks for themsleves coz only around 360 people got the charter in 2013. compare that with other courses like CA or CS. or even students passing out form any of the top management institutes(iim a/b/c, xlri, isb or the likes). 

check iimjobs.com. a very good site for finance jobs. and see the requirment for CFA charterholders.. One guy you know didn't get the job dosen't mean that qualification is worth it.. its just that CA/MBA's are very well established for finance roles now for more than decades, so as i said CFA is just in infancy. :)

further more almost everyone from iim's, isb, fma etc doing mba finance is also found doing CFA...
Finance knowledge in CFA is much broader than CA or MBA.
n dont forget the international edge :)

@ mansi dont know any short duration financial engineering courses, Fin engineering are generally long term amd the best uni's providing these courses are not in india :)

@ sandeep  start from economics.. looks simple but looks can decieve :)

@ bhavya forst finish ur bcom then think about cfa.. dont juggle 3 courses...  belive me just dont  . i juggled ca ,cs, bcom and cfa. The pressure is just too much and u wont have any social life left.. just finish bcom then go for cfa. :)

@ neha im also a qualified company secretary. :)

PS: 
https://viewer.zmags.com/publication/b99d976b#/b99d976b/46 
       guys read page 38-41 , very interesting 

*PEACE*

2 Like

Replied 15 January 2014

To the guys who had their ca result,

how was the result ??

*PEACE*

Pucca Idiott (wannabe...) (148 Points)
Replied 16 January 2014

Hey I cleared both the groups. :P..:D.. Yeah...I have changes the name..;D.

Attached File : 812493 1272510 ca final results.doc downloaded: 163 times

Replied 17 January 2014

@ pucca idiot .congrats mann god bless with even more success :) :)
check ur pm.

1 Like

Replied 01 February 2014

how much time required to compleet slybus of each level.. ?? 
online coaching is sufficent to clear exams(without any work exp.) ?? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro