Constitution of a Committee to examine the suggestions on the draft Direct Taxes Code
Dated : August 28, 2009
Sub : Constitution of a Committee to examine the suggestions on the draft Direct Taxes Code
In the Board meeting held on 27th August 2009 the following decisions were taken :
(i) Suggestions will be invited from all the officers and the public regarding the Direct Taxes Code. Suggestions will be invited through the Cadre controlling CCITs and also directly from the officers through irsofficersonline.
(ii) The suggestions has to be received by the core Committee by 10th September and a draft based on suggestions and their studies will be prepared by the core Committee by 15th September which will be put before the full Board for consideration
(iii) The final suggestions as approved by the full Board shall be placed before the Finance Minister.
(iv) The Core Committee will constitute of the following officers :
1. CIT (C&S) - Convenor and the remaining sections
2. CIT (ITA) - All sections relating to Exemptions and Assessment procedure
3. CIT (Inv) - All Sections relating to Search and Seizure, Surveys, Penalty and prosecution
4. CIT (IT&CT) - All sections relating to TDS, Recovery and Other taxes
5. CIT (A&J) - All sections relating to Appeal, judicial work and Definitions
6 and 7. JS (FT &TR)-I and II - All sections relating to International Taxation and transfer Pricing
8. CIT (MC) - Structure of the Board
The suggestions may be invited in the following format : -
NDTC - New Direct Taxes Code
It is therefore requested that this letter may be given wide publicity and suggestions on the Direct Taxes Code may be sent in the above format by 10th September. the same amy also be sent by email to email id firstname.lastname@example.org
This issues with the approval of the Chairman, CBDT.