Wrong details in itr filed using a third party portal by mistake.

Hi, I am citizen of India with income below taxable limits. From this year I was thinking to start filing ITR to keep a record and to do the same I was trying out different ITR portals like cleartax, hrblock etc.

When I was on hrblock, to check the procedure and all I kept on filling some random data and keep on clicking on next next. On the last page when clicked on next, hrblock filed my ITR with the income tax department without asking any confirmation or OTP or anything like that.

Now all the info mentioned in it is just random and I don't want the same to be considered by ITR department. And also I have not everified the e-return as it is not correct. Now what should I do ? Should I file another return with proper data as fresh or a revised return despite of the fact that my previous original return is not verified by me. Will I face any problem from income tax department for the random data I entered ? Please guide me and help me out.

KVO Merau Kutchh

You can revise the return u/s. 139(5)  of IT act, asap.

Once revised return filed Original return gets nullified.

Without verification of both the returns, revised return will not be considered for processing.

Good luck..

Total likes : 1 times

Originally posted by : Dhirajlal Rambhia
You can revise the return u/s. 139(5)  of IT act, asap.

Once revised return filed Original return gets nullified.

Without verification of both the returns, revised return will not be considered for processing.

Good luck..

Thank you so much sir for your reply. Sir will it be ok if I don't file a revised return and also do not e-verify the present return as my income is below the taxable limits. Please throw some light on it sir.

KVO Merau Kutchh

In that case you will continuously receive intimations from CPC to verify the return.

Secondly you will not be able to revise the return after March, 2020; so advisable to revise it within time limit.

Once the mistakes gets rectified in revised return; all the earlier things gets buried !!!

Originally posted by : Dhirajlal Rambhia
In that case you will continuously receive intimations from CPC to verify the return.

Secondly you will not be able to revise the return after March, 2020; so advisable to revise it within time limit.

Once the mistakes gets rectified in revised return; all the earlier things gets buried !!!

Sir will there be a legal problem or a notice from income tax department in my case if I don't file a revised return and also don't e-verify the present one. As I am new to the taxation system that's why I have these queries sir.

Revised return will have all different figures. If you skip filing revised return there will not be much issue and your original return Will get lapsed in due course say in 6 months time.

please ensure your account status by log in e-filing site whether it's actually showing there as filed and check mail acknowledgement .

Originally posted by : Kapadia Pravin
Revised return will have all different figures. If you skip filing revised return there will not be much issue and your original return Will get lapsed in due course say in 6 months time.please ensure your account status by log in e-filing site whether it's actually showing there as filed and check mail acknowledgement .

Thank you sir for your reply. Yes sir on the income tax government portal it is asking for verification. So according to you if I dont file a revised return and also do not e-verify the present one , nothing will happen sir ? There will be no legal action from the department sir ?

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU