Easy Office
LCI Learning

Worried about Career of Lacs of CA Students

Page no : 3

Kiran Mourya (student) (47 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

Yes the policy adopted by the institute must be changed in respect of clearance and verification also

Kiran Mourya (student) (47 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

Yes the policy adopted by the institute must be changed in respect of clearance and verification also

chandni chandak (fca) (34 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

I too have d same thought ... many of my frds have decided to drop ca after being involved for last 4 to 6 year ... in dis course. ... at last wat dey got .. nothing.. de motivation. .. jobless ...etc .. It hurts more wen we c our school frds rapidly growing in their careers nd started earning handsome packages. ... we still are studying without certainity. .. Atleast icai should adopt d same policy of iit .. cat ... nd other entrance exam ... wich having low percentage passing .... once cleared life in secured ... bt in ca ... its totally opposite. .. Today I feel vry disappointing being a part of icai :((( It hurts more wen we c our school frds are rapidly growing in their careers nd started earning handsome packages. .. bt we r still

Anubhav (Student) (589 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

Spot on sir...but personally I see it as a blessing in disguise. Sometimes very hard challenges is what you need to become ghoda from gadha.

snia joseph (7) (53 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

Institute is required to follow a pattern both in setting question paper. as well declaring results

chandni chandak (fca) (34 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

I too have d same thought ... many of my frds have decided to drop ca after being involved for last 4 to 6 year ... in dis course. ... at last wat dey got .. nothing.. de motivation. .. jobless ...etc .. It hurts more wen we c our school frds rapidly growing in their careers nd started earning handsome packages. ... we still are studying without certainity. .. Atleast icai should adopt d same policy of iit .. cat ... nd other entrance exam ... wich having low percentage passing .... once cleared life in secured ... bt in ca ... its totally opposite. .. Today I feel vry disappointing being a part of icai :((( It hurts more wen we c our school frds are rapidly growing in their careers nd started earning handsome packages. .. bt we r still

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Anoop
Dear sir,

is ther any way these discussions are broadcasted to icai.?? i think this sort of discussions were there for the past 2 yrs in cci...i too belong to that 97% unfortunates...

True..............................

M. N. JHA (CA) (8316 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

Really disaster situation for us, avg student like me suffering this problem a lot. I got 160, 193, 191 in first group but not touch 200. I already spent seven and half year of my life to ca cource and still not sure how many more time of life i need to spent to get ca degree. When i take admission in 2006 result was near 30% but now it is 3% and we should ready for 0.3%. Why entry in ca easy but exit is difficult or we can their is no exit. . . ? kash koi rok leta us samay to zindagi ka ek dashak yu barbad na hota.
2 Like

Minakshi (non working) (57 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

Students for ICAI are their major source of income that is why entry at CPT level quite easy and exit extremely difficult. They actually set a trap for students. CA fraternity should come to resque poor students. All should unite to voice against ICAI. The credibility of ICAI at stake. They are playing havoc with their student,s careers. This anarchy must stop.
1 Like

Minakshi (non working) (57 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

Students for ICAI are their major source of income that is why entry at CPT level quite easy and exit extremely difficult. They actually set a trap for students. CA fraternity should come to resque poor students. All should unite to voice against ICAI. The credibility of ICAI at stake. They are playing havoc with their student,s careers. This anarchy must stop.

Vikas (Business) (353 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

I am also struggling from last 12 years but don't know why are they awarding same marks in each attempt. My marks for all attemtps were equal. Just they add one mark in total but result is same. 

I am also agree with CA. Surender Ji, after wasting a long time. I got nothing only repentence for life that why I joinend this course.

1 Like

Budding Professional (B.Com, CA & CS FINAL) (1686 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

Originally posted by : CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA
The true and good policy should be

CPT result be 3% and

Final results be 37%

to save YOUTH'S ENERGY AND GOLDEN YEARS OF CAREER.

Sir, as per my opinion which I also expressed in "My Feeling on Tough Final Results", if entry has to made tough, it should not be by means of "curtailing" the pass percentages (even though ICAI has been vested with such powers under the Act). If pass percentage has to be 3 or otherwise remain lower, it has to be because of the course content, the examination pattern, and not based on the ICAI Council meeting prior to results. This presumes overhauling and restructuring of CPT level. Else some time later, we will all find ourselves ruing the lower pass percentages in CPT.

Having said that,and as you also mentioned, ICAI needs to invest in creating infrastructure to ensure the students have better practical understanding of the issues prevailing in the real world, the exposure of which they can't get in articled training. We must also not forget the fact that all the articles do not work in Big 4s or other premier firms. Although they may have the calibre and potential to understand and perform, they miss out on exposure of issues and understanding of matters that would normally be expected of them when they appear in Campus Placements or go for job in top notch Corporate sector. And only ICAI is in the best position to address that deficiency or shortage of exposure. If I can have my views, it should be made mandatory for the articled trainees to attend some number of conferences/seminars ranging across a number of topics. Industrial training shall be made mandatory for some part (say 6-9 months) of articled training. ICAI can take a number of initiatives for this and all that should not burn a big hole in the student's pocket.

I am not good enough to say about the state of "profession", but the "professional" is certainly in deep trouble and if the issues are not addressed, our esteemed profession will start sailing in rough weathers.

All that being said, I appreciate and admire the author for candidly expressing his views and continuing in his ways to address the students' issues, providing guidance by way of various writeups. Sincere Thanks Sir!!

2 Like

Vikas (Business) (353 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

Instead of sharing our feelings our known CAs must brought it to the notice of ICAI about this hue and cry. Otherwise, this discussion was prevalent in May, 2010 when result of Old Syllabus was 3%. 

CA Apoorva Sharma (CA Final Student) (31 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

We can definately talk endless from both sides of the coin..... But wait and self assess ur attempt, match the quality and logic of answers written by you with what was actually req to write(suggested are out), no one wud hav bothered to do it. I dnt knw whthr u alrdy analysed that question patterns this time expected us to write to their needs, and not what has been alrdy written sumwhere, or told by sum1.

Though the Inst. needs to introspect the entry to the course strictly but it shud improve quality for us also.

U see the RTPS, PM, all have questions which i think all of us now can revise on fingers, they dont hint and challenge us with new frame of questions which they suddenly do at the questn papr, Y a RTP wen it has questions of Stdy mat and PM, it gives feel of Preboards where u mug up ncerts.

Ravi2105 ( Part Time Accountant) (55 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

i got failed in this attemp and my serious question is what that 3.1% students wrote in exam which we 96.9%students couldnt able to wrote.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: