Easy Office
LCI Learning

Worried about Career of Lacs of CA Students

Page no : 4

CA Dhruva Kalamanji (Chartered Accountant ) (1996 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

Dear ravi, I may try to ans ur serious question as below Those1013 student who have passed are the top 1013 people. This ca exam and proffesion based on industrial requirment. It doent mean 97% are not able to get thru. It is just stating tht the 97% people falls out side the market demand thats all.

srinivas (profeesional) (93 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

Cci members shd say to icai that at intail stage(cpt) nly pass percentage shd be reduced so that students have alternatives at that stage.in final stage they may nt have alternatives due to passge of time,interst,dediction.by dng this ca value and quality of students will be starndard

(Guest)

Those who have failed...plz get bck to studies.

Dont waste your time. Nothing will going to change.

Fail Means Fail.

why should icai declare good results ??? many CA's are still unemployed. many are not getting their dream job.

If icai declares a good result as usual then only unemployed rate of qualified CA's will increase.

my sincere advise those who could not make thru final exam can search for other altenatives and leave ca course..so that the value of already qualified will increase.

1 Like

CA Dhruva Kalamanji (Chartered Accountant ) (1996 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

Dear ravi, I may try to ans ur serious question as below Those1013 student who have passed are the top 1013 people. This ca exam and proffesion based on industrial requirment. It doent mean 97% are not able to get thru. It is just stating tht the 97% people falls out side the market demand thats all.

Ravi2105 ( Part Time Accountant) (55 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

Ok i agree with u mr.dks but why we always failed by getting the marks in range of 30-40.is this a streategy to fail the students.

Replied 19 January 2014

Ok you may find some of that qualified students as per icai weak in real life.they dont get job means we have to suffer due to them.

Amol (Accounting) (432 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

Originally posted by : CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA The true and good policy should be CPT result be 3% and Final results be 37% to save YOUTH'S ENERGY AND GOLDEN YEARS OF CAREER.

Sir,
       While addressing this issue all though rightly you seem to forget the wider socio-economic issues which are the real cause behind this scenario of widespread student frustration.
Q1 Where will the remaining 97% of CPT failures go if your suggestion to curtail CPT results is accepted? To some other areas! Which areas? Agri? That has failed. Govt. job via UPSC ? That too has low passing %.Engineering? They are plenty & huge fees. Medical? They too are many & they are forced to do malpractices to recover huge fees.Call centers? For how many years/months? Acadamic? NET/SET passing is also low.Salesmen in malls of the rich?Petty jobs at multiplexes, hotels, airports? Prostitution? Are there enough areas in Indian economy to provide respectable livelihood? If you do self study without coaching classes, CA is still an affordable prospect. Also it has the glamour quotient which others lack.
Q2 The students fraternity is stunned presently & hence a right time to do some serious stock taking.Who has added glamour to CA profession & out of what notions? Parents , society? Western attire with a neck tie is glamorous in India. Are CAs more happy? or even happy? I have not seen even if some of them pretend but weep secretly lest their children won't see.
Q3 Are our Dreams ours or are they programmed into us by parents & society right from childhood when they put us in English Medium pre-schools to win in the rat race. Recently I have seen pre -school teachers teaching 2 year toddlers with an intention to not lag behind in All India Medical/IIT entrance exams! What are we headed to ?
Q4 Are we allowed to pursue our passion? Have we been sensitive enough to even know what our passion is? or the thick layers of years of conditioning by society have made us unable to know what we truly love or enjoy doing? Is it possible to earn a livelihood from what we feel passionate about?
Q5 Are we prepared to find alternatives to Capitalism due to its many evils? Are we going to find worthiness only if we are richer, better than anybody?Does our Happiness depend on comparison? The Americans are now beggining to realise that the Great American Dream is no longer possible to achieve. Will we learn from them or suffer just like their generations suffered?
The present suffering of CA Final students comes from the above mentioned issues. Failed students have the opportunity to stop & contemplate on these. I feel, no matter whether we pass or fail each one of us deserves to be happy. "We will be happy & fulfilled after passing" is the biggest lie ever told !

2 Like

Ashok J Savjani (savjanipriyen@yahoo.in) (21 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

I agree with you but just think if institute does so than what will be the value of CAs in the market if anyone can clear the examination..

saurabh tayal (accounts manager) (30 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

one more strategy also followed by institute only give 2 attempts and no rule single group both group (drama). make 1st year 2nd year 3rd year thats my personal opinion. i also agree with above comments

Piyush (Partner at A J P & Associates)   (35 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

In my opinion foundation course should be started.

Replied 19 January 2014

Cpt result should be reduced.we final year students dont have any other option we cant do full time job due to fear of failure.if someone fails in 6 attemps means he has wasted 3 years.it means ca course is not of 5 yeara but 9 years 3.5 years articleship and others years to clear ca final.

rakhi Aggarwal (student) (29 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

U correctly said sir.cpt result shud be 3 percent.this will be a fair deal.but icai plays unfair.in the early stage they find a cpt student eligibility to be in ca profession but at final stage they doesnt find same to be competent enough.
1 Like

Dev (Article Trainee.) (608 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

Agree with surendra sir and also with apoorva.. Why 500 for ceritified copy.. I m not against 3% result of ca final.. But cpt results should also have been restricted to 4% to 10%.
1 Like

Replied 19 January 2014

Yes u both are correct.by declearing such result icai has fulfiled its responsibility but have icai think of those students who are from middle class family.private tution cost them 15000-20000 per subject means 160000 for 8 subjects.if icai wants quality students why dont they themselve teach us.after joining that much of costly classes what we got babaji ka thullu from icai.

Replied 19 January 2014

Ek ca student ki taklif ca student hi samajh sakta hai.koi bhi ghar aaega bolega aapka beta paas hua phir bolegi bechara abhi tak paas nahi hua padai nahi ki hongi.mera beta to engineer bhi ban gaya big city me job bhi lag gayi.GF bhi nahi bana sakte jab hum unhe kuch kahege to bolegi pehle paas ho jaa phir baat karna.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: