Easy Office

Why only we CAs to be in tormented all the time

Page no : 2

REKHA (Chartered Accountant) (30 Points)
Replied 16 January 2014

The Biggest mistake i have ever done in my life is choosing this bl**dy CA as my profession... 

Its really painful to come all the way long with so many exams and hurdles in personal life and sit with one group for so many attempts... 

Not able to move further in life.. Not able to join work thinking that once we start working will not be able to concentrate on studies...  Not able to switch the career as am jus one step behind that two letters... 

Everytime after writing the exams i feel i have done way better than my previous attempts so i ll surely pass.. So i wait until i get my results to look for a job as qualified.. n after results come i feel i got only 3 more months for my preparation and i cant take a chance wasting my time in hunting for jobs... its really pathetic... i regret every single minute for choosing this.. Had i done something else i would have certainly be in a good position in life... 

Parents, friends relatives n everyone around keep asking y are u still not working.. After studying so much I think am wasting my life with this exam.... 

Really dono wat to look forward to in life... Even after qualification whether i will get a job.. taking attempts into consideration... 

NIRAV CHHEDA (CA FINAL) (88 Points)
Replied 16 January 2014

giving lower results is not the only solution of the hour ,

making entrance tougher shld also be done

& results around 7 to 9% of ca final be kept 

N.Prakash (Working) (71 Points)
Replied 16 January 2014

“It is purely the performance of the students and there is not extraneous reason for slippage in pass percentage” said Subodh Agarwal, President of the CA Institute.

Well said sir,but dont all of us think that slipping from 10% to 3% also reflects the some shortcomings of our beloved Institute.Are we students alone to be blamed?Should'nt the the Instiutute also do some introspection?

We are willing to improve.But please do not demoralise us by setting high standard papers followed by stricter valuations.  The Institute,if it feels that our performance is poor, can it not improve by providing suggestions and inputs?

Instead of bringing down the percentage in tune with the market requirements,cannot something be done to increase the opportunities? 

Lastly hats off to the FR paper setter for helping us achieve such a wonderful performance! 

CA Konfused (Chartered Accountant & CFA Level 1)   (302 Points)
Replied 16 January 2014

Controlling Results......is not the solution........now take the example of IIM ........it intakes only those people whom they think are worth grooming.........so why not in our profession .........select only those many people who will eventually are capable of passing the exam......have you ever seen a stupid guy from IIM.....or IIT ...the answer is simply no........because that institute has maintained it's standard. You will find lacks of CA's not knowing very basic concepts.......and thier reply is are....itna syllabus tha ...woh toh option main leave kiya tha.......so my point is cut down the syllabus ....teach what is relevant ....and make the Gen.Next Chartered's competent enough to take on any finance related job.

rikrez (ca final student) (65 Points)
Replied 16 January 2014

I Think ICAI should really start thinking about students and not their own profit making motives....i think there should be just one exam having the syllabus of ca final as of now...ipcc and cpt should not be there...once you clear that single exam ICAI should place students for articleship in corporates and ca firms giving us a detailed knowlegde of how practically things are done...in this way only the best will clear and the rest shall do other career options and not waste time in ca...

shanthi (-) (102 Points)
Replied 16 January 2014

everyone is having the same problem... whether it is mistake of ours or with the .......

studying pattern.what is this?. unable to understand anything....

Feeling like as if the whole world is moving at a very fast paced, and i strucked at the corner.

Sekar (Student) (197 Points)
Replied 16 January 2014

The worst things is to take the same book again..............God........its horrible......

Chetan (Senior Auditor) (172 Points)
Replied 16 January 2014

I just knew one thing...failures are not loosers....i also unable to keep myself in those 3% students this time...but having confidence that if in may'14 result 1 student will gonna be CA then it must be me myself....juss bring a new confidence in urself friends......

shanthi (-) (102 Points)
Replied 16 January 2014

Even how many times we read we will fail what the pity thing is that we will get worst marks by attempt to attempt .This is the greatest mishap.And even friend(other than ca's) and parents see that reducing trend in marks and  says"what ?whether  u studied or wasted time simply sitting with books or do u have something mind?" 

this is the common question in my situation ,even people who cant spell  our CA will stand in a row to ask the dirty damn annoying questions.

CA Piyush Jhawar (Chartered Accountant) (545 Points)
Replied 16 January 2014

You know i was actually contemplating suicide after the result...I just worked my butt off for the last 6 months and then I see I couldn't get through ISCA and Audit...34 and 37 Respectively

mukeshm (Finance ,MIS) (223 Points)
Replied 16 January 2014

Dear All,,,, just be professional .....this is endless Discussion

CA is professional course n we all choosen this...so just be Patience ...n if not then choice is yours

good luck to all

CA Dhruva Kalamanji (Chartered Accountant ) (1996 Points)
Replied 16 January 2014

Dear shanthi,

Sorry for the belowe comment,

By reading ur post i came to know that u are behind ca just to get good package, an abroad trip, to have a good status in front of friends family,

If it is just for money then icai is also doing just for money and its status.

What i say is be passionate to be ca without expecting result. Without greed.

In this world if you sart your journy with predetermined result nothing will be in favour of us

Karmanyevadhikarasthe ma paleshu kadhachana- bhagvthgeetha.

Sorry if hurted

It has 1000s years of proof that u if expect smth and do it will never happen do it as your duty its not as it is the mean to fullfil ur wishes.

Sorry 

1 Like

mayank agarwal (CA fianlist BCOM(H) CS student )   (577 Points)
Replied 16 January 2014

Same here shanti ji , really dont know when i will be a CA . I am not a dumb student at all , and i am better than many people who are using CA before their names , but i am not CA just because i am victim of this Institute's intiernal conspiracy . On the one hand they are increasing pass percentage at entry level to get good fees from them and nourish coaching mafia . But by curtailing pass % at final level they are oiling moustache of members for votes .

Management is hungry for votes only , thats why it never increase stipend even after 10s of years and further put restriction on termination . (you will have to work in same firm even if boss harass you )

A big dislike for this institute it has lost all respect .

Karan Teli (Life Is just an Illusion...!!)   (4573 Points)
Replied 17 January 2014

Relax Friends. Just shrug your shoulders and move on. Their are many more problems in future you have to overcome. Just keep calm and patient.

Change your perception.

Have a look at this link. Their is a message for all those who are dishearted. 

/forum/i-can-do-it--277654.asp#.UthrIfmVOWw

1 Like

Shwetha R (CA ) (377 Points)
Replied 17 January 2014

Exactly shanthi, I too in the same situation…..not even getting the words to express the suitation… these ICAI people will conduct the exams on deepavali & release it on sankranti….wat a mishap…..it was the festival day & me including every one had a strong hope dat definitely I will clear this time…see the fate….after giving the sweets, with in a short time, tears came out….what a heart breaking news…. Lost the exemption in law……..everything is all bcoz of FR paper… though I did well also I got 24 in that…..in all other subjects I passed……I still can’t forget the lonely nights spent with the books forgetting all other social lives & entertainment… what ever it is, there will be some goal or hope for which we are striving for??? Without hope or goal, we can’t put any hard work……I totally lost myself…………Iam just cursing myself as to choosing this profession….b/w I just can’t quit also as looser as life long this guilt will be there as to I have not achieved it……Long live ICAI for giving such a loving gift to your beloved students on the festival day.. :’(

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: