ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Why ca is a total waste!

(Guest)

Gone are the days where people think CA is prestigious course which can fetch a lot of money. I read some articles on this website and many of the students are totally disappointed with the total structure of CA.

Unfortunately, they are very good in what they are doing and but still couldn't manage to get a job of their caliber.Some might be "lucky", things might go on their way. Not ever body is as lucky as some people are!

The decisions taken  by the ICAI seem very ridiculous and it appears to me " Are they out of their MIND"??!

The decision making is really a mess, They introduce some scheme called CPT, IPCC and final.

Later they changed IPCC as Inter again and the best part is the introduction of direct entry scheme.

Why to CHANGE AND WHY TO RE- INTRODUCE.

ITT, orienation and GMCS and they are not worth it!

May 2012 IPCC results on 10:30PM!!! Really! What mind game is ICAI playing on students?

ICSI is the only institute that appears sensible to me what ever the case may be, they are very particular with regard to articles and other decisions.

I don't know why ICWAI introduced 3 years articles? How many practising CMA's are there in India?

Pro's:

CA

If passed in first attempt,one might get a job with good package.

Rankers are exceptional in any field because they are rankers( though some of them couldn't get  a job)

Con's

CA

Only valid in India.

Articleship time is too long that even CA's are wexed up with this program.

Not recognized in USA,it could not find even one credit for CPA(USA)

Waste of time (5 years)??

This is degree is not from a University and this will not help any CA to get an admission to any US universities who want to pursue Master's!??!

(B.com-3-year degree course is such a waste thing,not valid any where n the world including India. US universities doesn't accept any application unless it is 4-year bacchelorate degree,though some universities accpet it,they review it,case by case!)

Not a regular course

NO college Life

No guarentee of Degree after 5 years??

Engineering

Engineering degree is a 4-year regular degree valid in USA and most of them got jobs in US(from Tier 1 and 2)?

Compulsory B.tech degree after 4 years.

Eligible for almost all courses around the globe.

Job Guarentee(Average student)

Over all thing is CA is a time waste.it is better to do Engineering and I think half of the effort is more than enough(4 years is a lot of time and regular college) on what we put in CA.

54 Replies

Satish Makam (Asst. Manager - Accounts)   (294 Points)
Replied 28 November 2012

Sir, 

you reflected my mind thought

Now a days , i am getting frustration if i think abount ICAI.

No value to CA Coure as we are expecting.

There is a talk that CA are encouraging the client to evade tax by manipulating books of accounts for the financial interest

PRINCE KAUSHIK (CA finalist) (354 Points)
Replied 28 November 2012

Please don't Create the atmosphere of Negativity. ICAI didn't go to your home to pursue C.A. These types of analysis should be done before entering this field not in between.
15 Like

(Guest)

Dear Kaushik,

You said that analysis sholud be done before enetering the field.

Well after you joined the field how many changes were brought up?

No one can think  like 25 when you are 17! unless you are Sheldon cooper!

Decision making is a big deal for ICAI. Everyone who comes in a president wants to show their mark as a president and hence this is the result.

Why one should pursue any thing that doesn't have value in other countries?

Look at the other courses!

ICWA has its own advantages and CA has nothing!

Doctor, Engineer and all other courses are same around the world except Accounting and CA especially.

Changes can be done making it  equalent to that of US.

World is never going to be the same! This situation of CA's will not ber after 10 years.

CA should go international...Now its not even LOCAL!

Akshay Malpani (CA - Partner MRO& Associates)   (120 Points)
Replied 28 November 2012

Agree to each and every word by you!!!

Even I shared my thoughts on similar grounds:

/forum/value-and-condition-of-a-fresh-ca-215590.asp

@VaibhavJ (Believe!! Live your dreams!)   (33496 Points)
Replied 28 November 2012

Originally posted by : GNB

Dear Kaushik,

You said that analysis sholud be done before enetering the field.

Well after you joined the field how many changes were brought up?

No one can think  like 25 when you are 17! unless you are Sheldon cooper!

Decision making is a big deal for ICAI. Everyone who comes in a president wants to show their mark as a president and hence this is the result.

Why one should pursue any thing that doesn't have value in other countries?

Look at the other courses!

ICWA has its own advantages and CA has nothing!

Doctor, Engineer and all other courses are same around the world except Accounting and CA especially.

Changes can be done making it  equalent to that of US.

World is never going to be the same! This situation of CA's will not ber after 10 years.

CA should go international...Now its not even LOCAL!

ICAI has its own benchmark and i dont think CA should be compared with Dr., Eng. n other Prof.

Even a CPA of USA has not any value in India..

A CA is not only Tax practioner... There are many other avenues in the field of Accounts, Audits, IT etc..

5 Like

Anil Sankar V (CA) (1877 Points)
Replied 28 November 2012

Dear GNB sir,

Each body has its values and principles.There is lot of demand for CA's in Africa,middle east and european contries.ur concentrating very much on one country i.e USA.the world exists with or without USA.By the facing toughness of Indian CA,one can pass any exam in the world.Have come across many exams and went through many countries.What i am saying is with experience.NOT biased.

Regards

For history

Join community : international taxation,accounting and finance.

2 Like

Replied 28 November 2012

Originally posted by : forhistory

Dear GNB sir,

Each body has its values and principles.There is lot of demand for CA's in Africa,middle east and european contries.ur concentrating very much on one country i.e USA.the world exists with or without USA.By the facing toughness of Indian CA,one can pass any exam in the world.Have come across many exams and went through many countries.What i am saying is with experience.NOT biased.

Regards

For history

Join community : international taxation,accounting and finance.

True thank u for sharing!!

1 Like

Replied 28 November 2012

Originally posted by : Satish Makam

Sir, 

you reflected my mind thought

Now a days , i am getting frustration if i think abount ICAI.

No value to CA Coure as we are expecting.

There is a talk that CA are encouraging the client to evade tax by manipulating books of accounts for the financial interest

Hi satish it is generic comment.. If human is corrupt then even god can not help if he is CA, MBA, Dr., Eng., Police, IPS, IAS..

2 Like

Replied 28 November 2012

one of my friend got 43 marks in one of IPCC paper.

He has got Certified copy of that paper. by seeing that, he shocked....

as per the certified copy, he was given only 36 marks.

for one of the questions of 10Marks, he was given only 1 mark just for one mistate. The answer  is similar to Suggested answer exept one sentence. 

If the valuation is like this,  When can we pass.

In my case , i got 59 marks in ca-final financial reporting. I attended only for 50 marks. i expected 30 marks. can any body justify this.

In PE-II i got 59 marks in four subjects. what made them not to give one more mark

2 Like

Replied 28 November 2012

Originally posted by : Satish Makam

one of my friend got 43 marks in one of IPCC paper.

He has got Certified copy of that paper. by seeing that, he shocked....

as per the certified copy, he was given only 36 marks.

for one of the questions of 10Marks, he was given only 1 mark just for one mistate. The answer  is similar to Suggested answer exept one sentence. 

If the valuation is like this,  When can we pass.

In my case , i got 59 marks in ca-final financial reporting. I attended only for 50 marks. i expected 30 marks. can any body justify this.

In this case you should speak to ICAI insted of showing your agression here dear friend.

1 Like

Nirmal (CA-FInal) (280 Points)
Replied 28 November 2012

those who cant work hard seldom pokes negativity
1 Like

Replied 28 November 2012

Originally posted by : @ VaibhavJ

In this case you should speak to ICAI insted of showing your agression here dear friend.

They have given clear instruction not to do any corresponce in this matter. to whom u take this matter

DrSANGITA PHD MBA(usa)CACSCWA (President Finance & Taxation)   (405 Points)
Replied 28 November 2012

CA would never be a waste as it has got its own Inherent Value & Strength & also certain Exclusive previlages, But Strongly feel that ICAI need to take some very Active steps to Revamp & Think on the Overhaul of  the Entire Education System which is Now in CA & also ICAI should take some Proactive steps towards getting some direct International Recognisation for CA from India, Like ACCA or CIMA, MBAs & many such degrees. & Friends without any prejudice to anybody here & with all due respect to everybody & all Post made here & that will be made here, Let me Tell you my Feelong is that People & Students & all other in CA have made exorbitant Expectations from doing & after completion of CA,  MY question is Why that ? is CA something really very different from other higher studies ? NO Sir / Mams here. I can tell you CA is also to be Placed at if not at Lower to nay other then dont Place it Oneup all others Else Higher the expectations more the Regrets & heart breakings in case of the smallest failure of expectations. Friends Take CA as a Normal Course of Studies in your Life & see I feel all your High -VEs or high +VEs towards CA & only CA will come to rationality. & Sorry toTell you but its a Fact that CA is not that tough nither that big or very Different from other Professional courses in India or world. But if you really see ICAI has projected itself something oneup the Other courses & degrees of the world then Friends I am very very sorry to tell that ICAI is taking this status on the Basis of SELF PROCLAMATION else why is ICAI degree not recognised else where for doing anything further. As to some people telling here that Indian CAs have a great Value in Middle East & Africa & europe, Then I would like to tell them that For Europe Sector Indian CA no real value but More is for CAs from ICAEW & CPAs. As for Middle east & Africa, Yes I can agree but for a different reason, There by itself the Education Level for the Local National peeople is Too less & Low & Also you wont Find Europeans & Americans ( rather People from any Developed Countries ) going there to work & also if they Go then the Middle East & Africans would not Afford the Scale of Payments & so the Only Cheap Labour available is from India, & also to bring to your Information that Indian CA could be in Demand in those countries but recognisation is more for CPAs, I have got many friends Working in this countries & to be Honest I tell you the Working Conditions & work type & Quality what they have are not really which a CA should have.

Given above is my opinion based on my feelings & People here can have different views for which I thank those who agree my views & as well say sorry to people who may feel hurted by my veiws

3 Like

Replied 28 November 2012

Sangita madam

ur really the daughter of goddess saraswati. so many degrees. luck is in your favour.

Thank for ur opiniion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags