Which itr form applicable

I am salaried in a private company which provides me form16.

Also I leased my car to govt of india who pays per moth - deducting tax under 194C. driver, oil and other expense is executed by me.

Which type of fform(ITR1, ITR2, ITR4) is applicable for e-filing. Plese reply.

Thanks, Dibyendu

Replies (20)

.....*****.....

U may file ITR-1...

U SHOULD FILE ITR-2 

BECAUSE U HAVE NOT SALRIED INCOME BUT ALSO

THE OTHER SOURCE INCOME

LEASE RENT IS TAXABLE IN OTHER SOUCE INCOME

ITR-2

ooohhh...yeah...my mistake....sorry for that... it should b ITR-2... Roshan is correct...

Thanks for clarifiaction, I assume that ITR2 is the correct one. So the profit for leasing car will go under income from other source. Now the question is the payment received for lease is the profit. Driver Wages, Oil etc are expenses. Remaining is the profit.

I don't keep any book of records. Do I need to keep any particular documents as proof for expenses.

Is there any limit of showing expense?

NO I DONT THINK SO EXPENSES LIMIT

IN OTHER SOURCE WHAT U SHOW THE INCOME AMOUNT U HAVE ALSO ALLOWED DEDUTIBLE EXPENSES RELATING TO THAT INCOME

Thanks Roshan.

Could you please let me know whetehr entries are correct in ITR2. I attached one particular section.

RENT received for car is 223623.00

Driver+oil+other expense is 175100.00

 

 

YES CORRECT 

BUT I WANT TO SAY U HAVE TO SHOW NET ICOME MEANS RENT RECIVED LESS DEDUCTIBEL EXPENSES

Could you please check attached pdf file and let mw know whether entries are ok.

YES PDF FILE IS CORRECT

BUT U HAVE TO SHOW LEASE RENT IN THE THE COLUMN RENTAL INCOME FROM MACHINERY PLANT ETC

Ok got your point. You mean insated of

d. Others, Gross

it should be in

c. Rentan income..... right?

YES WHAT HAVE U SAID 

IN THE HEAD OF RENTAL INCOME

Thanks a lot for your time.

YOUR WELCOME G

THANKS FOR SHARING I ALSO GET SOME KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THIS TOPIC

Hello friends,

Which ITR form is applicable for a company of EVENT MANAGEMENT....PVT LTD company & what is d procedure of making ITR in dis case. Pls reply asap.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details