CCI Online Learning
What do you want to learn today?


Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Where to show freelancing income

Rohit Kalra   25 September 2020

Rohit Kalra

 2 likes  26 points

| My Other Post


I want to know where to show freelancing income Whether to show in itr3 or itr4 as a professional income 

Or to show in itr 1 income under head other source 

Assuming tds has been deducted u/s 194j.

If I opt for itr 4 then can I opt out in next assessment year to opt for itr 3


Aditi Kaur (Practising CA)    26 September 2020

CCI Online Learning offers a library of courses for CA/CS/CMA Aspirants from the best faculties in India. Our top notch courses aim to make your journey from a student to a professional, a successful one. To promise a successful career as a professional CCI Online Learning also offers programs like Financial Modeling, MS Excel, IFRS/IND AS Certification Courses that will help you take your career to the next level. Check out the free demo videos here


Taha (T)     26 September 2020

 16 likes  405 points

View Profile | My Other Post

I think it is covered under income from profession as u get work on contractual basis and then get paid for it but confirm from others


kushwanth avsr (.)     26 September 2020

kushwanth avsr
 24 likes  865 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Freelancing income is taxable under the head income under the head profits or gains from business or profession. So, you cannot file ITR -1, So, you have to file either ITR-3 or ITR-4.

If you opt for ITR 4 for current assessment year then you can opt out for ITR-3 in the next assessment year


Sagar Patel (Tax and Business Consultant)     27 September 2020

Sagar Patel
Tax and Business Consultant 
 996 likes  11146 points

View Profile | My Other Post

What is your Profession from which you derive freelancing income ?


Rohit Kalra   03 October 2020

Rohit Kalra

 2 likes  26 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Which business code will apply for content writer's. Should I file itr 4 and select 16019 business code which applies for other professional services. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Bajaj Finserv

Related Threads


Trending Tags