Easy Office
LCI Learning

Was Costing and FM paper unexpected

Page no : 2

Bhargav Kumar (Auditor) (31 Points)
Replied 07 May 2011

Ya...........

Dat costing Fm exam called a real CA exam........

CA is totally unexpected....................

Syed Faraz (Manager, Audit, KPMG) (375 Points)
Replied 07 May 2011

Originally posted by : Nikhil

Hy!! friends I have come to know that Costing Fm paper was Very difficult ? Is it True

You've heard it right mate. ICAI classics.

Syed Faraz (Manager, Audit, KPMG) (375 Points)
Replied 07 May 2011

Originally posted by : kritika poddar

hey can anyone say whether we r allotted step marks if we have solved the whole ans but made few mistakes... n do they deduct marks if paper if not neatly presented...

Even I am counting on the same

Nivesh tater (Tax Executive at Mazars India Bangalore)   (205 Points)
Replied 07 May 2011

ohh when i got the paper......i say....wat it is...der is no question from process,marginal,standard,capital budgeting.....n WCM covers around 25 marks..n leverage 20 marks.....really unexpected..

Pallavi (Student) (40 Points)
Replied 08 May 2011

it was horrible...!!

Bhavin (Accountant) (29 Points)
Replied 08 May 2011

It was a GREAT paper actually. Believe me, they asked queations that are relevant... Ex. Who the hell uses Std costing in todays day... and choice helped us skip the un-solvable Cash Flow question... rest said... as per ICAI standards... It WAS a fair paper...

CA Ramnandhan Ravikumar (Executive - Audit) (199 Points)
Replied 08 May 2011

hello to all.... don't worry with the marking scheme.... each and every correct steps of yours in a problem will be awarded with step marks.... take amalgamation for ex: for the total marks of 16, say your purchase consideration will carry 4 marks (even for that 4 marks, they have break up, say PC payable to equity shareholders 2 marks, for preference shareholders 2 marks), for journal entries in the books of transferor 4 marks, in the books of transferree another 4 marks (again the total marks will be splitted and each entry will carry mark) and for the amalgamated balance sheet another 4 marks(and beleive me, for writing each and every item of correct assets and liability balance 1/2 mark will be awarded).... thus, even when u have not worked the problem fully u can atleast score half of the total marks.... this is the way to approach each n every question, n rest assured, u can easily pass with flying color.... like wise, with regard to bad presentation, it usually doesn't catch the wrath of the examiner.... for that matter, institute has asked the examiners not to deduct any marks for spelling or grammatical mistakes made by students.... so don't worry and prepare well for the forthcoming exams.... for any kinds of doubts and clarfications, feel free to msg.... ALL THE BEST FOR THE REMAINING EXAMS....
6 Like

CA Himanshu Bansal (Risk Manager) (2345 Points)
Replied 08 May 2011

Originally posted by : Bhavin

It was a GREAT paper actually. Believe me, they asked queations that are relevant... Ex. Who the hell uses Std costing in todays day... and choice helped us skip the un-solvable Cash Flow question... rest said... as per ICAI standards... It WAS a fair paper...

Who uses Stores Ledger these days ? And what was the relevance of Cost book keeping question ?

2 Like

CA MANIK KUMAR (Manager ) (710 Points)
Replied 08 May 2011

EXAM WAS VERY TOUGH ... BUT IF STE MARKING IS AVAILABLE WE SHOULD BE AVAILAIBLE TO GET PASSING MARKSSS

Rohan Verma (Intern) (32 Points)
Replied 08 May 2011

whoever found it difficult are seriously the ones who have not studied well.\

For me , it was damn easy.

ICAI thanks for setting such paper

Rohan Verma (Intern) (32 Points)
Replied 08 May 2011

Originally posted by : Himanshu Bansal

Originally posted by : Bhavin

Who uses Stores Ledger these days ? And what was the relevance of Cost book keeping question ?

dude u r appearing for CA exam.

ICAI can ask anything which is mentioned in the syllabus.

Pratically costing is different when u r in pratice.But for passing exam u have to do what ICAI does

WHEN IN ROME DO AS THE ROMANS DO.

whoever found it difficult are seriously the ones who have not studied well.

For me , it was damn easy.

ICAI thanks for setting such paper

sandeep umar soni (B.com.,L.L.B.,(CA).) (23 Points)
Replied 08 May 2011

our work is to study the subject and gain knowledge.Study COST and FM by reading institute material and good fruitfull text book and RTP, suggested answers.dont go for selective study and   dont follow paper trend baseless suggestion about exam paper pattern and setting of paper. we are not paper setters and or paper checker ,bare in mind its a professional course.jyada husiyaari bahut buri hothi hai.

M. N. JHA (CA) (8316 Points)
Replied 08 May 2011

Itna easy tha ki option wala bhi kar dala. . . . .expect 116 Out of 116. Lolz
1 Like

(Guest)

yes the paper was tough

sandeep umar soni (B.com.,L.L.B.,(CA).) (23 Points)
Replied 08 May 2011

firstly i want to quote "Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom".students please try to study the institute material throughly and conceptually and rationally . also stick on to one good text book and also refer rtp and suggested answers of institute,do not go selective reading,baseless suggestion from seniors and students about exam paper pattern.do not exam paper pattern or trend our duty is study the subject and understand it . Be optimist and full on confidence is must in our course. i want to remind u that we are not paper setter or paper checker. all the best.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: