Want To Be Successful in Life ? Sleep less...

(Guest)

Want To Be Successful in Life ? Sleep less…

“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn,” is a very popular quote by Mahatma Gandhi.

Researchers claim that people need around 8 hours of sleep to function properly. But that's not true for everybody. A small group (1 to 3 percent) of the population are among the "sleepless elite" who are able to get by happily on just a few hours of sleep.

Stories abound of business leaders who don't sleep much. Martha Stewart has claimed to sleep about four hours a night, as has Indra Nooyi, the CEO of PepsiCo. Her predecessor, Steve Reinemund, has gotten up around 5 a.m. to run 4 miles most mornings of his life after going to bed around 11. "I sleep normally between five, six hours," he said in an interview. "I've never gotten more." But it seems to be enough: "Most of the time I don't wake up with an alarm."

Donald Trump, Chairman of Trump Organisation, sleeps 3-4 hours a day.

Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama sleep just 5-6 hours a day

Yahoo CEO, Marrisa Mayer and Twitter founder Jack Dorsey sleeps 4-6 hours a day.

Margaret Thatcher slept 4 hours a day

Leonardo Da Vinci, was able to stay awake and alert almost 22 hours of every day, all the while working on brilliant artworks and inventions. He slept only 1.5 - 2 hours a day taking a nap 15 - 20 minutes for every four hours that he was awake.

Thomas Jefferson slept only 2 hours a day.

Thomas Edison, the great scientist remarked that he slept less than 5 hours a night.

Sir Isaac Newton needed 3-4 hours of sleep daily.

Some sources say that Napoleon slept only from 12 p.m. to 2 a.m., and then he woke up, worked and went to bed again at 5 a.m. and woke up at 7 a.m. It means he slept only 4 hours a night.

Those who gave us famous quote: "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." -  Benjamin Franklin slept 2-4 hours a night.

Winston Churchill was said to sleep 5 hours a night on average. He would wake at 8, spend the morning in bed reading papers, dictating letters, etc., take a long nap at tea time, and work till as late as 3 am. He averaged 5-6 hours of sleep per day.

The fact that people spend about one-third of their lives asleep (roughly eight hours out of every twenty-four-hour day) is quite  mind boggling !

Thus, sleeping less is one of the best investments you can make to make your life more productive and rewarding. Most people do not need more than 6 hours to maintain an excellent state of health. Try getting up one hour earlier for 21 days and it will develop into a powerful habit. Remember, it is the quality not the quantity of sleep that is important. And just imagine having an extra 30 hours a month to spend on the things that are important to you !

Wish you a life of  full-consciousness !

Warm Regards,

Veeral Gandhi