Tds recievable - doubt

Dear All,

I just wanted to know the Journal Entry when I recieve Commission Income. As far as I know, is this the entry:

Cash/Bank 80

TDS Recievable 20

To Commission Income 100

Is this entry correct? If yes, I also wanted to know is this TDS Recievable (a Current Asset) c/f throughout or is it reversed at the end of the year? I just wanted to know what are the cases when we can knock off TDS Recievable from the books?

Regards

Mohit

Replies (4)

entry is correct,TDS receivable is current asset.

TDS receivable a/c can be knock off against tax payable,

if there is no tax payable can be knock off when u receive refund.

Are you sure we can set off TDS payable against TDS Recievable? Because Income Tax is a Direct Tax and not an Indirect Tax where set offs are possible?

u got me wrong not against TDS payable, it is against income Tax payable of of the person who is receiving commission.I hope u know TDS is like advance tax on behalf of u the payer of income pays to govt. on receiveing form 16A u can claim credit.

 

Reversal entry,

1)Income tax a/c dr              100

        to income tax payable                   100

2)Income Taxpayable a/c dr      100

         to TDS receivable a/c                     20(u r case reversed)

         to cash/bank                                    80

 

i hope u got me now :)

 

Cool... Thanks Manjunath :)

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details