Tally data import query

Dipen (article)     21 September 2012

Dipen
article 
 1 likes  358 points

| My Other Post

I have a company whose data is divided into two files in tally erp 9.

one from april 11 to dec 11 and the other from jan 12 to mar 12 WITH DIFFERENT MASTERS.

HOW CAN I CONVERT INTO ONE COMPANY??

avater

deepali agarwal (Company Secretary)     21 September 2012

deepali agarwal
Company Secretary 
 121 likes  1289 points

View Profile | My Other Post

After u have opened both the companies in tally Press Alt+F3 and make a group company...but u cant make any further changes in any head in a  group company...Also u can import the data of tally in two different named clients and then merge them into a single required client in the software u have....... 

avater

subramanya (Professional)     21 September 2012

subramanya
Professional 
 63 likes  897 points

Depin,

I am assuming that your Company data which is from April 2011 to Dec 2011 will be Company A and the other will be Company B.

First you need to export all the masters from Company B data and import the same in Company A (with ignore duplicates) so that all the masters are available in Companya A.

Now go to Day book of Company B (from Jan 12 to Mar 12) and export the data in xml format. Import the same in Company A, so that all the transactions related to Company B will be available in Company A (along with existing data from april 2011 to dec 2011)

simple...

With regards,

Subramanya

Vaibhav (Tally Consultant)     27 August 2019

Vaibhav
Tally Consultant 
 84 points

Hi!

You can import data from excel to tally using this excel to tally tool. to know more visit: https://www.antraweb.com/product/excel-to-tally-import-utility

Or call us at +91 8448449099

Thanks,

Vaibhav

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »