Service tax paid under wrong assessee code

ashay (CA Final Student) (782 Points)

02 March 2016  

We have two manufacturing units both registered under same pan number but having different service tax registration numbers. During the payment of service tax liability, we had mistakenly paid service tax under wrong unit assessee code. Please let me know the remedies available with regards to the same.