Tally

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shehbaz (Accountant)     28 May 2016

Service tax

if i provide service in india and raise a bill for that service out of india.

should i charge service tax on my fees ?

7 Replies

Gautam Sharma

Gautam Sharma (CA)     28 May 2016

Remember taxability of service is covered by POPS rule 2012,, it doesn't matter where u raise invoice

sanjith kotni

sanjith kotni (Articled assistant)     28 May 2016

It is irrelevant where you raised invoice. sec66B of finance act 1994 depends on where the service is provided 

CA RAHUL AGRAWAL

CA RAHUL AGRAWAL (Assistant Manager-Service Tax)     28 May 2016

Taxability depends on the event when and from where service is provided..not from the place of raising of invoice..!!

Meena

Meena (Auditor)     28 May 2016

if the service is rendered here for a company outside India, and the money is received from that country directly to the service provider in India, does service tax gets attracted? 

Nisha Chauhan

Nisha Chauhan (Working)     28 May 2016

first of all POPS rule decide where the taxability of service falls. as in your example service is rendered in india then otherwise if it do nt fall in any negative list nor any exemptions are available it would be taxable in hands of service provider in india....

Bt if in your example service is rendered outside india and reciept is in india & service provider is in india.then if it do not fall in reverse charge mechanism it wld not be taxable otherwise it wold be taxable in india i.e, in reverse charge mechanism.

saneesh

saneesh (article)     29 May 2016

You must pay service tax on reverse charge machanism.

Pretham

Pretham (CS)     29 May 2016

As per Place of provision rules, Service is said to be provided in India only and the invoice amount is liable to Service tax. Where you raise invoice is irrelevant.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags