Easy Office

Sap FICO and CAs

Page no : 2

* Krishna * (CA Student) (6149 Points)
Replied 28 September 2011

Further, please clarify on one more aspect. As said in your reply to Mr Sandeep, do you mean a person who has undergone SAP training from an un-certified institute cannot become a Consultant position? Is it so only a person who took training in Authorised Institutions have a chance to work as Consultant?

Sheli Sehrawat (SAP Business Consultant)   (767 Points)
Replied 28 September 2011

Hi Sandeep,

I am a SAP FICO Consultant but I am not certified. why I said certification is important because as an end user you  know a very little functionality in SAP. But while doing certificaion, you will learn about the configuration of different settings to get the software operational. and your certification will a proof that you know about all those settings' development. However I don't find uncertified professionals any less if they practise and learn the configuration by themselves. Impossible is nothing. Its only your confidence and competency that takes you to new hights and not any given certification.

3 Like

vipul (chief Accountant) (31 Points)
Replied 03 October 2011

Originally posted by : Sheli Sehrawat

Hi Vipul

There is a lot of training material available on the net. There are a lot of forums also on the internet. Further, I can also provide you training material but because of the vastness of SAP, I first need to know what is your level of knowledge in SAP FICO (Trained/Functional/End User/New Learner) and which industry you want the material for.

Thanks & Regards'

CA Sheli Sehrawat

Hello , Thanks For Answering My Query . I am Presently working om Tally ERP 9 . I am Thinking of learning SAP FICO , as i think will be good for future

vipul (chief Accountant) (31 Points)
Replied 03 October 2011

Hello ,  I am presently working on Tally ERP 9 , I am thinking of learning SAP for better future

rahul (article) (23 Points)
Replied 05 October 2011

hii sheli,

i am in  c.a final level  and i wanted to know dt wether the job oppurtunity for ca/sap consultant is limited only to i.t sector???

and wat is d package for ca fresher who has completed sap fico module

SaL!L (Student-Finals) (54 Points)
Replied 18 October 2011

First of all thanks a lot Ms Sheli for ur all detailed opinions. I found answers to many of the question that were puzzling me. Appreciate it.

I've a question.. In your opinion whats the average payscale one fresher can expect after doing SAP-FICO in present scenario?

If i go for DISA in future.. Do u think doing SAP/Oracle b4 starting DISA/CISA will be helpful, in I.T. Audit field..?

Thanks again!

Replied 18 October 2011

Originally posted by : SaL!L

First of all thanks a lot Ms Sheli for ur all detailed opinions. I found answers to many of the question that were puzzling me. Appreciate it.

I've a question.. In your opinion whats the average payscale one fresher can expect after doing SAP-FICO in present scenario?

If i go for DISA in future.. Do u think doing SAP/Oracle b4 starting DISA/CISA will be helpful, in I.T. Audit field..?

Thanks again!

Hi Salil,

Good to have you on this page.....

About your query: 1. The minimum pay-scale that a CA can expect after being SAP/Oracle Certified is 6 Lakhs (from what I have seen and the current industry trend) 2. About whether SAP/Oracle certification would be a good idea before DISA certificatio, I would say NO. Because in ERP, being an end user, an implementation/support consultant and an IS Auditor are three very different things.  I don't think it would be a good idea to spend a significant amount for the little edge you will have for the extra knowldge you would have.

Regards

Sheli Sehrawat

1 Like

SaL!L (Student-Finals) (54 Points)
Replied 21 October 2011

Thanks again.. for your prompt reply... another stupid question if u dont mind.. does first attempt in Finals really count for ERP jobs, if u r looking to enter into a big company?? or it is just knowledge that HR dept cares about?

Replied 21 October 2011

Originally posted by : SaL!L

Thanks again.. for your prompt reply... another stupid question if u dont mind.. does first attempt in Finals really count for ERP jobs, if u r looking to enter into a big company?? or it is just knowledge that HR dept cares about?

Not At All...you can take your time...However 3 attempts is what most of the companies stop at.

1 Like

sushant (proprietor) (36 Points)
Replied 29 October 2011

Hi,

Tons of congrats for such a informative thread.

However after being in tech field for some time i feel salaries are stagnat at 10-18 lac range  however our counterparts in industry can graduate to CFO / other higher levels and earn more ....??? Any body with such experience kindly share ...

I learnt my FICO through books and online help.  However the biggest problem was the materials were outdated.  Recently i came across a book which explains the topic from business prespective which is important for us from CA background.

Sharing here for the benefit of all:

Book Summary : SAP FICO Black Book Covers SAP ECC 6.0

This book, SAP FICO Black Book, brings to you a simple to the point non technical jargon free discussion on SAP FICO along with comprehensive real life examples based on authors real life implementations. One of the first FICO books which cover business cycles rather than plain technical configuration. Targeting intermediate and advanced-level readers, this book discusses Implementation Tools; Enterprise Structure; New GL Configuration; Online Document Splitting; AR; AP; AA; Bank accounting; Integration of FI with Other Modules; Business Processes; Controlling; Cost Center Accounting; Product Costing; Material Ledger Configuration and Profit Center Accounting.

The author has spent the last 10 years of his career acquiring this knowledge through the trial and error method. It covers the end user as well as technical configuration perspective. It can serve as a starting point for the people who want to comprehend how the financial and managerial accounting functions in an ERP. Most of the FICO text deals with technical configuration and throws little light on its functional implementation. This book is author’s humble attempt to bridge the gap by providing real life scenarios along with technical details.

other details at:

https://www.grenleaf.com/sap-fico-black-book-covers-sap-ecc-6.0-Bhushan-J-Mamtani-9788177229448-gxlxbkd4569.aspx 

3 Like

Replied 31 October 2011

Lots of Thanks Sushant....

* Krishna * (CA Student) (6149 Points)
Replied 31 October 2011

Thank you Sushant Ji.

shruti (student) (74 Points)
Replied 02 November 2011

Thanks to Sheli and Sushant for sharing such a valuable information regarding SAP FICO...

I am in CA final and tech savvy person...have exp of 6 months + articleship of 3.5 yrs...i want to get good pay so i am thinking of doing SAP FICO by instructor led program from seimens institute mumbai...please let me know will i get good job after getting SAP certificate.

From above discussion i am now confused if there is no job guarantee than what is difference in getttng certificate by e-learning or through instructor led program and which is more promising to give me good job after getting certificate.

Please guide me what to do...

Thanks & regards

shruti

Replied 02 November 2011

"please let me know will i get good job after getting SAP certificate?"

Yes you will have an upper hand with the certificate in your kitty.

"i am now confused if there is no job guarantee then what is difference in getttng certificate by e-learning or through instructor led program and which is more promising to give me good job after getting certificate."

SAP certification is like CA degree in a sense that the weightage is only of the certificate and not of the teacher (institute) you had classes from.

However, you being a fresher in ERP, I will suggest you go for instructor led program. There you will be receptive and so you will learn better. For some days, it might give you feeling of running away but hold your horses for a while and just absorb everything. This will actually increase your confidence and enhance your competency

Thanks & Regards

CA Sheli Sehrawat

1 Like

shruti (student) (74 Points)
Replied 02 November 2011

Thanks so much Sheli...Thanks aton....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: