Sap FICO and CAs

(Guest)

thx a lot for the detailed info regarding sap...can you please also tell as to wether there is any experience requirement for undertaking this course because by what i've heard is that one must have atleast few years experience to undertake this course....

what is the benefit of Sap in accounting sector if a person  is only in account and finance sector not a ca

SAP Business Consultant

Originally posted by : aditya
thx a lot for the detailed info regarding sap...can you please also tell as to wether there is any experience requirement for undertaking this course because by what i've heard is that one must have atleast few years experience to undertake this course....

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for the appreciation. About your query, yes you have heard it right that it is recommended that one should have some experience in ERP before getting into this course. The reason behind is very simple: One should know atleast the basic things before getting into certification. SAP is a German software and though technical jargons used in the software are also German (no one would tell you this). One needs to work on ERP for atleast 2-3 months to just understand the whole concept of what is linked with what (e.g. a journal entry posting in the SPA system will parallely hit a Cost Center as well as General Ledger) and what is called what (e.g a Balance Sheet / P&L A/c is called Financial Statement Version). Further, one needs to remember hundreds of "Transaction Codes" (Commands) to enter the relevant screen (e.g. "FB60" for vendor invoice posting)....SAP is very very vast. In my 3 weeks internal training in TCS, I was feeling like an alien...but now I am quite comfortable.

Total likes : 5 times

SAP Business Consultant

Originally posted by : sandeep

what is the benefit of Sap in accounting sector if a person  is only in account and finance sector not a ca

Hi Sandeep...Thanks for your query...SAP certification will change one's career line altogether. An accounting and finance person is just an end user in SAP. But when u have a certification with you, you will be a consultant. You can be a part of SAP implementation team in an IT company where you will be working as a consultant for different clients. You can be a part of support team of a project where you will be supporting end users and new developments. It will pay you very well and take your career to a new hight.

CA Student

Hi Sheli:

Thank you once again for clarifying my dilemmas. I heartily appreciate your initiative for sharing the possible opportunities and the value of SAP alongwith/without CA. Wish you all the best.

CA Student

Further, please clarify on one more aspect. As said in your reply to Mr Sandeep, do you mean a person who has undergone SAP training from an un-certified institute cannot become a Consultant position? Is it so only a person who took training in Authorised Institutions have a chance to work as Consultant?

SAP Business Consultant

Hi Sandeep,

I am a SAP FICO Consultant but I am not certified. why I said certification is important because as an end user you  know a very little functionality in SAP. But while doing certificaion, you will learn about the configuration of different settings to get the software operational. and your certification will a proof that you know about all those settings' development. However I don't find uncertified professionals any less if they practise and learn the configuration by themselves. Impossible is nothing. Its only your confidence and competency that takes you to new hights and not any given certification.

Total likes : 3 times

chief Accountant

Originally posted by : Sheli Sehrawat

Hi Vipul

There is a lot of training material available on the net. There are a lot of forums also on the internet. Further, I can also provide you training material but because of the vastness of SAP, I first need to know what is your level of knowledge in SAP FICO (Trained/Functional/End User/New Learner) and which industry you want the material for.

Thanks & Regards'

CA Sheli Sehrawat

Hello , Thanks For Answering My Query . I am Presently working om Tally ERP 9 . I am Thinking of learning SAP FICO , as i think will be good for future

chief Accountant

Hello ,  I am presently working on Tally ERP 9 , I am thinking of learning SAP for better future

hii sheli,

i am in  c.a final level  and i wanted to know dt wether the job oppurtunity for ca/sap consultant is limited only to i.t sector???

and wat is d package for ca fresher who has completed sap fico module

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU