Easy Office

Sap FICO and CAs

Page no : 5

Anu (CA) (270 Points)
Replied 24 February 2012

Hi Sheli & Ketan Thanks for nice info.. Can you both provide refererences for TCS and Infosys..Lemme know pls

CA Ketan Kothari (Associate Consultant) (86 Points)
Replied 24 February 2012

hi you can mail me your cv at my mail id ketankothari2 @ gmail.com

1 Like

Sushant Lohani (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (1051 Points)
Replied 29 February 2012

Do TCS provide training on SAP to the CAs selected in campus?

Which modules?

Sheli Sehrawat (SAP Business Consultant)   (767 Points)
Replied 29 February 2012

Originally posted by : Sushant Lohani

Do TCS provide training on SAP to the CAs selected in campus?

Which modules?

Dear Sushant,

Yes TCS provides SAP training to CAs selected in Campus for FI and CO modules. But it is only for those candidates who are selected for ERP profile.

Regards

1 Like

Sushant Lohani (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (1051 Points)
Replied 01 March 2012

What about "AP AR SCM" modules?

VS Bachhal (student/CA Final & B.Com.)   (25 Points)
Replied 01 March 2012

thanks to both CA Ketan Kothari And CA Shelly because of u guys i am pretty much clear about what to do........... i think i will go post qualification....................

Replied 01 March 2012

Originally posted by : Sushant Lohani

What about "AP AR SCM" modules?

Dear Sushant,

AP and AR are part of FI module only. So you get to learn them in FI training only.

However, SCM is a module where level of specialization of accounting required is comparatively low.

Also, SCM requires higher degree of technical knowledge.

Because of the competency/specialization of CAs, they are majorly hired for FI and CO modules.

Regards

CA Ghanshyam Joshi (CA, Dip IFR (ACCA UK)) (3229 Points)
Replied 09 March 2012

Ketan & Sheli,

Thank you for your guidance.

CA Yogesh (Sr. Executive (F&A)) (213 Points)
Replied 12 March 2012

Hi Sheli,

Read your posts regarding SAP System....and thanks for sharing such worthy information...

Well, i wanted to know what are the e-books available for SAP which could inculcate easy examples of explanation of t-codes relating to every module associated/link with FI Module..

If you have any training/guidance material for SAP (in mfg concern) then can you please share...??

Thanks & Regards,

CA. Yogesh Raghani

Amul Dairy, Anand

+91 9879620578

rahul (Chartered Accountant) (5570 Points)
Replied 14 March 2012

Originally posted by : vipul

Thanks for the Info. , can we get some E- Books on SAP FICO.

santhosh (Accountant) (27 Points)
Replied 24 March 2012

Hi Sheli,

Hope doing good

Iam an accountant with 8yrs experience.My academic qualification is Bcom,CA-Inter.I wanted to get in to an ERP job either as a member of chore finance team or as a SAP fico consultant.But when i enquired with some of my friends in the IT companies they told me that IT companies are preferring only CAs or MBAs for these jobs and a semi qualified CA dont have any scope even after getting the SAP certification.Is it true?

In one of  your earlier post you mentioned about the importance of having  domain experience in finance field for Non CAs to become a FI/CO consultant.Is it necessary that the domain experience should be in an ERP environment?I dont have any prior experience in an ERP environment.

pls provide your valubale suggestions

Regards

Santosh

ABHINANDAN JAIN (CA Student) (886 Points)
Replied 10 April 2012

@ Sheli Sehrawat

Originally posted by : Sheli Sehrawat

https://s3.amazonaws.com/caclubindia/cdn/forum/images/open_quote.jpg

Role of an MBA or CA is to make sure that the output generated by ECC 6.0 is what is expected as per the management and accounting/taxation principles.

I hv not understood this para...can u pls explain role of a ca + Certified SAP FICO with a suitable example..

Also in ur profile Thumbnail, u hv mentioned that u r a SAP fico consultant, so my ques is wht type of consultancy u provide......

One more help:

I'm a audit assistant in a ca firm in kolkata, one of our client (having Jute factory) has recently transformed or implemented its accounting Info system into ERP(not SAP ERP i.e. ECC..) of some other co. from existing a/cing Processing package (tally), i need to check whether all the details about the labour or worker in the jute factory in the previous system has correctly feeded into new ERP system or not...

Whether converting CIS into new package result in fraud..?

so can u help me out in ths regard..., how to check, whether any software is reqd for this purpose....?

So pls give ur ideas and suggestion

Thank u so much in advance and ofcourse for ur awesome article which helped me alot in understanding the basics...

thnk u

Replied 10 April 2012

Originally posted by : ABHINANDAN JAIN

"Role of an MBA or CA is to make sure that the output generated by ECC 6.0 is what is expected as per the management and accounting/taxation principles."

I hv not understood this para...can u pls explain role of a ca + Certified SAP FICO with a suitable example..

Also in ur profile Thumbnail, u hv mentioned that u r a SAP fico consultant, so my ques is wht type of consultancy u provide......

One more help:

I'm a audit assistant in a ca firm in kolkata, one of our client (having Jute factory) has recently transformed or implemented its accounting Info system into ERP(not SAP ERP i.e. ECC..) of some other co. from existing a/cing Processing package (tally), i need to check whether all the details about the labour or worker in the jute factory in the previous system has correctly feeded into new ERP system or not...

so can u help me out in ths regard..., how to check, whether any software is reqd for this purpose....?

So pls give ur ideas and suggestion

Thank u so much in advance and ofcourse for ur awesome article which helped me alot in understanding the basics...

thnk u

Hi Abhinandan,

"Role of an MBA or CA is to make sure that the output generated by ECC 6.0 is what is expected as per the management and accounting/taxation principles."

This means that reports needed for external purpose (Financial statements viz. Trial Balance, Profit & Loss Acct, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Stmt.) and internal purpose ( viz. internal management reports, Budgets, profitability analysis reports etc) should be generated from ERP according to the laid down policies and principles only. And this can be achieved by very carefully mapping the entities together in ECC such that the reports come out as expected.

Also in ur profile Thumbnail, u hv mentioned that u r a SAP fico consultant, so my ques is wht type of consultancy u provide

My work as an SAP FICO consultant is to recommend the SAP functionalities for better recording/ reporting/ book keeping/ analysis of clients' business transactions so that the financial processes are carried out very smoothly. In other words, I will demonstrate how SAP can help client improve his financial reporting internally and externally.

One of our client (having Jute factory) has recently transformed or implemented its accounting Info system into ERP (not SAP ERP ) of some other co. from existing a/cing Processing package (tally), i need to check whether all the details about the labour or worker in the jute factory in the previous system has correctly feeded into new ERP system or not...

You can ask for the worker related report in Telly on the last day of its operation. and ask for the same report from new software as on the date of the ERP implementation. Then you can compare these two to make sure that everything is fed correctly.

Other solution can be to ask for templates which the implementation guys might have used for master data upload in the new ERP software and then tally the details from the last records in Tally.

Hope this information helps

Regards

Sheli

1 Like

(Guest)

Hello Ms. Sheli,

I am a newly qualified Chartered Accountant and I wish to pursue SAP FI/COcourse. There are many local institutes in delhi (apart from NIIT, Delphi and genovits, siemens) who are providing Training in SAP FI/CO  (NOT CERTIFICATION) in a fees ranging between Rs. 25000/- to 40000/-.

I wish to know whether it is worth while to spent money on such course provided by these local institutes. As i am looking out for a job opening, i would like to know would this course help me in getting a better job or the money spent on this course done through uncertified institutes is a sheer wastage of money.

Thanks in advance

Prashant R. Karia (CA AT FIRM) (82 Points)
Replied 22 April 2012

Hi sheli, I am newcly qualified CA in NOV 11 exams. Thanx a lot for very good assistance and for clearing many doubts. but I have two question again. 1) As there is big diffrence between ICAI fees structure and other unauthorised institute. Hence if the person goes for those cheaper institute is there any kind of benefit doing course from such orgnisation or its just total loss of money? 2) if anyone goes for those institute for SAP and after that can he give certification exam? Please reply asap. THANKS CA PRASHANT KARIA

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: