I think you are going good as of now. Plan a very smooth and achievable career path for yourself. Devote your 100% time and energy to the task at hand and don't bother about the rest untill they are due.
These are your plus and minus points if you chose to go for SAP certification pre-qualification
1. You will have an edge in campus interviews (very meagre though because the higher weightage is for the number of attempts you take in CA final)
2. In your articleship, the course will help you to analyse the client's system thoroughly (if at all SAP is installed there) during audits
3. You will have time before the interviews to practise and learn more functionalities (if at all you are dedicated enough)
1. You will pay more than 3.5 lakhs for both FI and CO modules. Individually, more than 2 lakhs.
2. You will not be able to resonate and comprehend the scenarios in the system untill you have some finance and accounts related experience of a company.
3. Chances are that you will forget the whole thing before the actual implementation of the same ( when you join a company after your finals) because SAP terminology is different and how settings are mapped is a bit complex. It needs continuous practise and effort to be able to answer questions about a certain process.
4. The time you will devote in SAP will certainly reduce the time you devote in your CA Final studies. This is the biggest minus because scoring the best in CA Final matters the most currently.
5. If, after qualification, you wish to go into an audit/taxation profile then this course may not help you much in getting a job. In that case it will be a sheer wastage of money.
I would also like to add here that most of the times more than you, it your luck which decides what profile you will work into. Also, with experience as we move ahead, our thoughts tend to change and you might end up liking other profile. So, its a risk taking this course as of now
The minuses here will become the pluses of doing the course after getting qualified.
All the best for whatever you do.
Thanks & Regards