Easy Office

Sap FICO and CAs

Page no : 6

Prashant R. Karia (CA AT FIRM) (82 Points)
Replied 24 April 2012

Hew please reply as i am thinking to take admision in such unauthorised institute.

Sheli Sehrawat (SAP Business Consultant)   (767 Points)
Replied 26 April 2012

Originally posted by : Prashant R. Karia

Hi sheli, I am newcly qualified CA in NOV 11 exams.
Thanx a lot for very good assistance and for clearing many doubts.
but I have two question again.

1) As there is big diffrence between ICAI fees structure and other unauthorised institute. Hence if the person goes for those cheaper institute is there any kind of benefit doing course from such orgnisation or its just total loss of money?

2) if anyone goes for those institute for SAP and after that can he give certification exam?

Please reply asap.

THANKS

CA PRASHANT KARIA

Hi Prashant,

1) As there is big diffrence between ICAI fees structure and other unauthorised institute. Hence if the person goes for those cheaper institute is there any kind of benefit doing course from such orgnisation or its just total loss of money?

ICAI provides you the certification on subsidised rates. Fee for other SAP authorised institutes ranges from 2.50 lacs to 3.00 lacs. I agree that the fee charged by unauthorised institutes is quite less. But these institutes can only provide you some hands on training or some minor project exposure (very rare). But they can never provide you certification. I won't say that getting SAP knowledge from unauthorised institutes a waste of money. Because the level of learning is almost the same. The only difference is that you won't get a certificate.

2) if anyone goes for those institute for SAP and after that can he give certification exam?

No, a person cannot sit in certification exam unless & untill he/she has 1 year's experience in SAP as an end user or as a consultant. For credibility purpose, he/she has to present the experience certificate before registering for the exam.

Thanks & Regards

CA Sheli Sehrawat

Rohit Vilas Divekar (student) (22 Points)
Replied 30 April 2012

Hello Sheli,

I have joined one of the IT company recently as a CA Fresher & at present I m working on the SAP Fi/CO support project as a functional Consultant. I request you to share Video & other  training material on SAP FI/CO/Treasury Module if you have as it will be really helpful for me as a beginer.Please mail me at divekar_rohit @ yahoo.com/carohitdivekar @ gmail.com

Thanks in Advance.smiley

aravind (ipcc) (49 Points)
Replied 04 May 2012

Hi Sheli

thanks for info which was the best for ca students who want's to go for ERP

i passed my ipcc in 2011 and going for traning of sap fico in one of the private inst in Hyderabad . first i thought of doing cerfication but because of family problem iam not able to do so. now iam  thinking to give a fake experience . 

please give my your suggestion regarding my problem whether to go for cerfication or fake experience which will be ideal for me (thinking in mind about my family problems)

please give me your suggestions please 

thanks in advancesmiley

Replied 07 May 2012

Originally posted by : aravind

Hi Sheli

thanks for info which was the best for ca students who want's to go for ERP

i passed my ipcc in 2011 and going for traning of sap fico in one of the private inst in Hyderabad . first i thought of doing cerfication but because of family problem iam not able to do so. now iam  thinking to give a fake experience . 

please give my your suggestion regarding my problem whether to go for cerfication or fake experience which will be ideal for me (thinking in mind about my family problems)

please give me your suggestions please 

thanks in advance

Hi Arvind,

You cleared IPCC in 2011; so I can fairly assume that its your articleship time. My first suggestion will be to find a CA firm which can pay you such amount that you can deal with your expenses. Your first priority should be to learn as much as possible because articleship is the base of your career after qualification. In case you cannot go for this option and want to join any organisation in ERP profile, then I wud suggest you take training without certification. No need to spend the exorbitant amount like that. You can show fake exp. or you can honestly tell them that you have the required knowledge to work on ERP and also you are a semi-qualified CA.

Hope it helps

Regards

Saksham (Articled Assistant) (50 Points)
Replied 16 May 2012

Hi Sheli,

If I am not wrong, freshers get entry in IT Companies on SAP FI module only. So, considering the cost of certification course in both FI and CO module, how about if someone does certification only in FI module and look out for entry in reputed IT Companies? CO Module training will then either be achieved on job, or one will be able to do it afterwards.

Considering the nature of work profile and the lookout of IT companies while absorbing freshers, please suggest PROs and CONs of the above-mentioned option.

Saksham Sawant,

CA Student.

Replied 16 May 2012

Originally posted by : Saksham

Hi Sheli,

If I am not wrong, freshers get entry in IT Companies on SAP FI module only. So, considering the cost of certification course in both FI and CO module, how about if someone does certification only in FI module and look out for entry in reputed IT Companies? CO Module training will then either be achieved on job, or one will be able to do it afterwards.

Considering the nature of work profile and the lookout of IT companies while absorbing freshers, please suggest PROs and CONs of the above-mentioned option.

Saksham Sawant,

CA Student.

Dear Saksham

Even though in common parlance, the two modules FI and CO are used together, they are quite different as far as their configuration goes. However, like all other modules like MM, SD, PP etc. FI & CO are also integrated with each other. So technically speaking, yes opting for FI will give you an entry in reputed IT Company. But the CO module’s training depends on the kind of project you will be working in. They might or might not have implemented CO on a full fledged scale.

For that matter, if you chose CO (Given costing is your beloved subject) you stand a better chance of recruitment because they don’t have many CO consultants in IT companies and they are always in demand. This goes for the simple reason that even an MBA can work on FI but it’s tough for them to get CO logics.

There are no PROs and CONs of the option as such, it’s just that the more the better. As a practice 99% of the people go for one certification only... who can shell out 4 lacs for 2 months’ certifications?

Hope this helps

Regards

CA Sheli Sehrawat

Replied 16 May 2012

Hi Sheli, Thanks for the prompt reply first of all. And also for suggesting the alternate way to go for CO Certification rather than FI. Just few more queries if you don't mind. ;-) Indeed, costing & OR is the beloved subject of mine than the financial accounting as it involves more logic in it and i find it somewhat more creative rather than a plain historical approach of accounts. Still, I could not thought of this option before may be because the pre-conception built in my mind after reading the whole discussion that there is no opportunity for freshers in CO; Companies look for the experienced people for CO. Given that, i am a fresher and that have not completed CA final yet; will there be a fair chance for me to enter the industry if at all I decide to get into the job before completing CA? Thanks in advance. Saksham.

Replied 16 May 2012

FI or CO certification should be backed by good domain experience or a degree substantiating your cadidature for the ERP profile in an IT company. I don't claim enough experience to guide you on the query. But looking at what I have seen, you will face difficulties joining the organisation before you qualify CA and moreover the package will be lesser than expected.

Regards  

1 Like

Replied 18 May 2012

Hi Sheli, One of the Authorized SAP Training Center's executive told me that the unauthorized training centers use the pirated version of software and are subject to legal action. Sort of like they are just illegal. Is it so? I just knew that the only difference between authorized and unauthorized centers is that we dont get certification in the later and they are somewhat less credible when it comes to getting the good job. But are they realy "ILLEGAL"? Regards, Saksham.

ANUPAM RAIZADA (CA Final) (68 Points)
Replied 20 May 2012

Hi Ms. Sehrawat,

My Name's Anupam. A CA Final Student. I have been reading your thread for a last few days now. Actually I was interested in SAP sometime Back. I enquired quite extensively about it. And I already have most of the Technical details. I had been in Talks with some general SAP institutes in NOIDA who don't provide the Certification and also with the NIIT institutes in Lajpat Nagar, Delhi. And I was told one common thing, that I shold pursue this course once i am close to my CA final !! Now I have just Given my CA final papers, result of  which, sad to say looks a little Grim... But I am sure about Nov.

Now what i want to ask you is that, given the complication in the course and all the Technical stuff that you need to expertise in within a Month or so, I was thinking of doing this course from a general  insti. first and then after the Nov papers go for a Seimens Certified Course for a Month which would help me in Developing a better understanding of the Course Structure and Gain expertise in the Job I need to Do.

Secondly, Another thing that I waana know is that, do companies seek expert knowledge from the Candidates or a Basic to Good Knowledge is Appreciated !!!

And Lastly I Just wanna Say that it's really Comendable how you've been sharing your knowledge on this thread and replying to each and every query in so much Detail. It showcases your sincerety towards the thread.

Looking forward to your reply.
God Bless.

Best of Luck.

Regards,

Anupam R.

(Lko chap.)

Replied 22 May 2012

Hi Saksham,

Yes, using pirated SAP software is for sure illegal and they are prone to legal action too. But being just a student at such institute you don't have to worry about it much. Also, these unauthorized training centers are spreading like mushrooms in rainy season and if this was so sensitive, they would have been bombarded long back. Anything is possible in this country of irregularities. All I want to say is that don’t worry too much. You will be safe.

1 Like

Replied 22 May 2012

Hi Anupam,

Thanks for all the appreciation.

About your current scenario, I would say that waiting for the results would be a wiser choice. As a matter of fact, SAP has a very different terminology and it takes quite some time to absorb the configuration settings in SAP. It won’t be prudent to do your certification now only to forget the things later if you are not in constant practice of the ERP.

Further, learning from authorised/unauthorised institutes is completely your choice. There has been extensive discussion in this thread on the same. Don’t do the same course from unauthorised training centre and then from authorised training centre. I would like you to first explore the job market and see which one suits your requirements.

Also, Companies hiring freshers in SAP don't expect much from the candidate. And you don't have to worry when your CV is backed by a strong financial degree.

Hope the information helps.

Regards

CA Sheli Sehrawat

ANUPAM RAIZADA (CA Final) (68 Points)
Replied 23 May 2012

Hi Sheli,

Good afternoon.

Well Even I was planning to do the course only after I have the CA degree in my hand. Most prob will pick a certification course. I've also been in talks with some SAP counsellors from BPCL as well. And they too have advised the same things that you have said. So I think with your help and what ever info I've generated, I've acquired almost all the Info that I needed. So now its just up to me when to press the Button. 

Thanks a Lot for this entire thread and for taking time out to reply to my query.

Best of Luck for all your Future endeavours.

Regards-

Anupam

CA Ketan Kothari (Associate Consultant) (86 Points)
Replied 09 June 2012

Hi Sheli,

You have really  been doing good in regard to solving doubts of the many persons.

Hats off to you.

Regards

Ketan Kothari

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro