Easy Office

Sap FICO and CAs

Page no : 3

hiten (none) (71 Points)
Replied 21 November 2011

Hello ,

Your details are most allaborative of whatever content i found on the Net.

I am in PCC(group2) i m thinking to do the SAP FI course.

I want to understand this thing and how it works.

As per my understanding with the help of your info. and some online stuff the following is the scenario in SAP carrer :

1. We can be software developers i.e. engineers who write the programing commands.
  2. As we are doing CA, so our prospects will be:

- Can help these programmers to develop an ERP package for a business concern.He becmoes a part of that team,so

he will be also called a sap consultant.(i.e. emploed in an IT company)

-Be a part of the core finance team of a business concern. He will be an end user of sap-erp.

- Be an SAP auditor in an Audit firm.

Now, i think that if i come under pointer 2.2, then i dont have to do FICO course separately and get the certification because i will myself get the internal training by the company in which i get employed to work with its finance team( is this correct or does it depend on the job profile.)

Am i right if i say that SAP consultants( IT comapnies) are tailors who customise the readymade SAP ERP package according to the business of an organisation.

For being an SAP Auditor, what an Only CA needs to do?

and what about you shelli, u r a CA and you did the FICO course or you just directly been recuited in TCS.

Thanks a ton!

Sheli Sehrawat (SAP Business Consultant)   (767 Points)
Replied 21 November 2011

Hi Hiten, Thanks for the appreciation.

First, you were right in quoting that you would get an internal training in case you are a part of finance team in an organisation where SAP is being used as ERP software. Even a campus recruited CA gets the internal training for that matter. However the latter is focused on the customisation/configuration part whereas the former stresses only on the working knowledge of SAP.

Second, to answer your query "For being an SAP Auditor, what an Only CA needs to do?", You can get DISA certification from ICAI. However this option will be available only after getting qualified (as a post qualification course offered by ICAI). Further, if you are undergoing your articleship in a firm where there are clients with SAP implemented for their financial environment, you stand very benefitted by auditing them. It equips you with the knowledge of the SAP system and its functionality.

About me, I am a campus recruit and have been trained internally for two modules in SAP viz. FI and CO.

Regards

CA Sheli Sehrawat

hiten (none) (71 Points)
Replied 21 November 2011

Originally posted by : Sheli Sehrawat
  You need to have 70% (kindly confirm with authorised institute as well) marks in the Certification exam. But there is no placement guarantee even after Certification from these institutes with only 1/4 Certified consultants getting placed.

1. Only 1/4th? is it because low demand, or because the top higher percentage securing candidates are only recruited?

2. What happens in the certification exam ? is it like a 3 hour exam to be completed, or it's done in a different way?

3.Do i have to spend another 25k for getting the certification?

Replied 21 November 2011

I quoted only 1/4 candidates being placed through these institutes. They never guarantee you placements though you can try on ur own.

Rest of the 3/4 get placed by their own efforts (through walk-ins or HR placement consultancies). So all of them get placed but its not the respective institute which takes the responsibility of your placement.

They don't have any campus placement programme designed for SAP certified guys as its a certification course (an Add-in) and not a degree. Mr. A can be an accountant in a company for last 10 years who eventually decided to do an SAP course to get promoted. Mr. B could be a fressher MBA who decided to increase his marketability through getting SAP certified. Mr. C could be an engineer wanting to enhance his competency in FI through getting SAP certified. So technically, its not possible to have a placement cell so complexly desinged to take care of their placment due to variety of competencies they may have.

If you get failed, you have to pay another 25K (or 30K) for each of the succeeding attempts.

Please visit the following link for further questions https://www.sap.com/services/education/certification/levels/faqs/index.epx .

I hope the information is useful.

Regards

CA Sheli Sehrawat

1 Like

Replied 22 November 2011

Hi Guys

I have posted another article for those who wants to know ERP and SAP from the scratch...I was getting emails from students who wanted to know the ABC of ERP and SAP. It ts a very basic document. I hope it helps you all.

/forum/why-erp-why-sap-some-basics-176783.asp

ankita (article) (22 Points)
Replied 14 December 2011

hi sheli,

i have appeared for my ca finals.....In SAP fi module is concerned with accounts and co module is related with costing...is there  any module in sap which is related to finance......can u throw light on investment management module and treasury module....is there any scope for ca's in these modules...how much time it will take to do these modules if i will do it from a non certified institute....plz reply

Replied 15 December 2011

Originally posted by : ankita

hi sheli,

i have appeared for my ca finals.....In SAP fi module is concerned with accounts and co module is related with costing...is there  any module in sap which is related to finance......can u throw light on investment management module and treasury module....is there any scope for ca's in these modules...how much time it will take to do these modules if i will do it from a non certified institute....plz reply

Hi Ankita,

Regarding Investment Management and Treasury modules, I will come back soon with relevant details.

Regards

Sheli Sehrawat

Souvik Kumar Ghosh (CA Final) (1368 Points)
Replied 15 December 2011

Hi Sheli

Can you please mail me the SAP FI module?

My e-mail id is ghosh.souvik25 @ gamil.com

yatra (Job ) (27 Points)
Replied 31 December 2011

hi...

m currently in ca final n doing mba finance, bt i ve already had 6 trials in ca final as i vd taken drop from xms for 2 yrs...nw i need to knw after clearing final ,sud i try 4 placement in sap/erp based company or i sud tak certification course from institute or 4m nyvr els...n if so hw vl it benefit me...plz giv ur opinion.

Replied 02 January 2012

Originally posted by : yatra

hi...

m currently in ca final n doing mba finance, bt i ve already had 6 trials in ca final as i vd taken drop from xms for 2 yrs...nw i need to knw after clearing final ,sud i try 4 placement in sap/erp based company or i sud tak certification course from institute or 4m nyvr els...n if so hw vl it benefit me...plz giv ur opinion.

Hi Yatra

I appreciate that you have undertaken an alternative to make your career secure. However at this stage, neither ur CA nor MBA is complete. We can fairly assume that you are a semi-qualified CA. No IT company recruits candidates for SAP consultancy at this stage. SAP Certification will cost you around 2.75 lacs

So, Weighing all options, I think you should seek a job opportunity in finance team of an organisation where SAP/ Oracle is installed.

All the best for your efforts.

Regards

Sheli

Replied 02 January 2012

Originally posted by : yatra

hi...

Hi Yatra

I appreciate that you have undertaken an alternative to make your career secure. However at this stage, neither ur CA nor MBA is complete. We can fairly assume that you are a semi-qualified CA. No IT company recruits candidates for SAP consultancy at this stage. SAP Certification will cost you around 2.75 lacs

So, Weighing all options, I think you should seek a job opportunity in finance team of an organisation where SAP/ Oracle is installed.

All the best for your efforts.

Regards

Sheli

3 Like

yatra (Job ) (27 Points)
Replied 02 January 2012

thanx  sheli,

wel, ur opinion is proper in current scenario bt m more concern after becoming Ca...so i wana know, after becoming CA, sud i opt 4 d post qualification course on sap module offered by ICAI (as informed by u in previous threads) vch cost about rs. 96000, does it meet d practical scope needed 4 JOB in ERP based company or it vl jus provide theory knowledge..

Replied 02 January 2012

Yes, The course offered by ICAI is as much worth as those with institutes like Seimens, Genovate etc.

jago india jago (Service) (32 Points)
Replied 15 January 2012

Dear All

NOT GO FOR SAP TRAINING

THEY R NOT PROVIDE SERVICE PROPERLY(I suufered)

Jago India Jago

1 Like

Nadig k (Project Consultant) (27 Points)
Replied 18 January 2012

To get a job in SAP, one should have at least one life cycle implementation experience in project.

Selection of SAP Module depends on your education and experience.  Almost all MNCs have/are opted for SAP Software. To study SAP, one should have done graduation in their respective field.

If you want to get SAP Certification, you have to study SAP in Siemens, Genovate or NIIT, where they will charge2-3 lacs for the course. Or few SAP Consultancy firms offer project exposure in their free time, where they will charge economically (Rs. 25,000-30,000).

Getting training in SAP is not a problem. The main thing one has to consider is, whether Institute will be providing any project exposure, which is a must from job point of view. When you go for any interview, questions will be more on SAP Practical application knowledge. Without project
exposure (ASAP Methodology- means how to implement SAP in companies) one can't answer these questions. Lot of openings are available in SAP
consultancy firms (like IBM, TCS, Keane India) as well in manufacturing companies (like ABB, BHEL, BEL) using SAP Software for their company operations. You have to learn SAP preferably in SAP
Consultancy firms.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro