Refund not processed for ay 2009-10

Hi, I have filed my return manually for the AY 2009-10. In this some refund was also due. But till now refund is not processed.

I want to know that can I e-file the return for AY 2009-10 now and get it processed.

also I have filed that return in Delhi and now my assesing ward is in Mumbai. as all return after 2009-10 I had filed in Mumbai.

So can I give an application to my Mumbai assesing officer to issue the refund for year 2009-10 for which return was filed in Delhi.

or I need to give that application in Delhi only..

Thanks,

Ashish

Replies (1)

You need not to refile your IT return for A.Y. 2009-10. First of all check your refund status from incometaxindia.gov.in

If there is no info on that site then check your tax credit given to you for A.Y. 2009-10 from Form 26AS available on https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/

Then take a print out of form 26AS, Write an application to your assessing officer to issue you the refund cheque for the said A.Y., attach photocopies of ITR Acknowledgement, Form 16A/ 16/ Tax challans, Form 26 AS. and submit it in your ward of Income Tax office. They will process the refund if your Form 26AS is showing the Tax Credit for A.Y. 2009-10.

 

If Form 26 AS is not showing the exact credit of Tax deposited or deducted then you 'll have to find out the reasons for the same.

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details