Query regarding residential status and itr form.

Hi All,

 

I'm an IT professional(work for Indian IT company).

I had travelled outside India on deputation (onsite) in Nov 2017 and returned to India in 2nd week of Oct 2018.

I have below queries regarding ITR e-filing for FY 2018-19:

1. What will be my residential status? As per my understanding, it should be non-resident.

2. Which ITR form do I need to fill?

3. Do I need to declare the salary that I received while being outside India?

I'm very confused about the 2nd question above as I have got mixed results on the research(talking to people/company's accounting group,read online articles, etc) that I have done so far. I think that I need to fill ITR form 2.

Please advise. Thanks in advance!

Replies (3)
You are right Sir
File ITR 2 in so far as your Indian income is concerned.
Last date is 31st. so hurry up.
You have to file ITR 2
I thought so. However, I spoke to someone from my company's accounting team and she said that I should fill form 1 as I'm non-resident and my foreign income isn't taxable in India. So, I don't need to declare foreign income details. I was trying to efile through cleartax.If I select residential status as resident then it is selecting form 1 and form 2 if I select status as non-resident. I will not be declaring any foreign income details so is it fine to submit form 2? I also read that form 1 to be used individual having income < 50 lakhs.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details