Profit from sale of flat

I have to fill Income Tax Return for Salaried, but In the other case I got a Profit against Sale of Flat, which I don't want to show in Income, or even I show, I don't want to pay income tax against this profit, So pls tell me what should I do for this ??

Replies (3)

Capital gain tax will be payable on profit from sale of flat.

It depends on what sort of transaction you have had with the buyer.
 

Actually I have invested that profit in transaction, to Purchase a New flat  

U/s 54 Any long term capital gains arising on the transfer of a residential flat to an individual, will be exempt from tax if the assessee has within a period of 1 year before or 2 years after the date of such transfer purchased, or within a period of 3 years constructed, a residential house.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details