Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pls help me out....

CA Manish Garg (CA ) (287 Points)

19 January 2012  

Hi... Frndz n Our faculties pls guide me wat shd I do..I cleared 2nd grp but dint cleared grp 1..(Roll No 117640) My marks are 37, 45, 45, 48 i n grp 1..nd there is total 213 Marks in group two..So i hav surplus 13 Marks in second group nd I need more 12Marks to get all clear...but I m totally shocked wid ma A/c marks that even I couldnt cleared in a/c...I was expecting somewhr 50 in A/c..So wat should I do?? Is rechecking works..? or one of ma frnd was sayng to go for RTI....So pls let me knw if u have any knowledge abt my this matter..? Thanks....

8 Replies

Lakshmi Parasuram (1) (263 Points)
Replied 19 January 2012

you need an additional 12 marks to clear both groups. In group 1 you need additional 3 marks in financial reporting to get the minimum 40%. You can go for verification of marks. But verification of marks for the second group will be a risky affair as you have already cleared the group. So you may opt for verification of marks for the first group. RTI can help you only in getting the copy of the answer paper. In the meanwhile start preparing for the first group as verification takes a lot of time. I'm sure that you can clear the first group in the next attempt itself.

Aliasgar Poonawala (CA) (180 Points)
Replied 19 January 2012

Hi Manish, great to hear about your second group success!

As for the first one, its better you start preparing and you'll surely clear in May. You can apply for re-checking of your papers, but that takes a lot of time and in most cases, the institute guys will only give a +1 or +2 max, which will not help you in any case. As for the RTI, you can just see your paper, you can't claim that one of your answer is correct but you haven't been given marks proportionately. So just apply for reverification and start studying after a few days. Good luck bro! :)

CA Manish Garg (CA ) (287 Points)
Replied 19 January 2012

Thanks a lot to Lakshmi n Aliasgar for their valuable replies....

CA M.NAGARJUNA REDDY (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (591 Points)
Replied 19 January 2012

Dear Manish

Go for recounting. It may be helpful.

But dont depend and wait for the recounting status.

Just apply and do your work for the next exam.

If there is genuinity, you will definitly get the positive responce in recounting.

Once , one of my friends also got 8 marks in recounting and cleared both the groups.

So, be positive and do your work.

All the very best...

CA ANU RAO (CA IN PRACTISE) (128 Points)
Replied 21 January 2012

hi people.. i had given my exams in november 2011.. but din clear any group.. m so confused whether to give both groups or group wise... if i give both groups.. will three months be enough ?? pls help me...

Lakshmi Parasuram (1) (263 Points)
Replied 21 January 2012

hi anu,

if you feel that you will not have much time to prepare then try for one group which you are confident of paasing

1 Like

Aliasgar Poonawala (CA) (180 Points)
Replied 25 January 2012

Hi Anu

Since you've already appeared for both groups, I personally think you should give both groups together. Except for indirect tax and a bit of direct tax, there will not be a lot of change in syllabus. More so, Group 1 will almost be the same. So 3 months in this case should be enough for your preparations.

Just go ahead and fill the form for appearing in both groups. At the end of, say, March, if you feel that your preparation of a given group is not upto the mark, you can concentrate on one group in April. But I believe giving both groups has its own advantages and I'm sure you'll do well in your May attempt by giving both groups.

Wish you all the very best :)

Deepu (B.Tech) (57 Points)
Replied 11 April 2014

Chennai India pls visit

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register