PLIGHT OF CA EXAMINATION CENTRES

jayaram (Consultant) (338 Points)

24 May 2010  

PLIGHT OF CA EXAMINATION CENTRES

This article is meant for every member who could make the TEAM  think which selects centers for writing examinations

In a number of ways, as detailed below, the examination centers selected for writing are horrible than a school exam centre.  Ever since I started looking at various discussions and articles that are posted in CACLUBINDIA.COM I thought through this site I can put forward, if not already identified by club members, my views and suggestions so that esteemed members could do something. These are specific to centre where I wrote my CA examinations which I am not disclosing for known reasons. My kids pre-school has better facilities, for their two hour stay everyday, than a four day three hour CA examination centre. 

1. PARKING WOES

A)    Finding parking place for your two wheeler after crossing all traffic hurdles is a nightmare and in most of the cases students have no option than to park virtually near garbage bins and trash accumulating areas of the examination center.

B)    If you have Four wheeler then the examination centre  has place for only less than 4 cars and  you have to park it outside by paying Rs. 50/- for three hours for four days

2. NOTICE BOARD

A)    The first question is where it is? So after ten minutes you will find it somewhere hiding under the tree turned to other side

B)    It looks dirty and the numbers are not clearly visible, because of economy in  printing, and in some cases the hall or room number is wrong and there are no helpers to guide when you enter the hall and again one has to go pillar to post to  find it out from Invigilators who are frustrated and confused lot.

2. WASH ROOMS

A)    The wash rooms are an apology for toilets. There are no taps. Forget about use entry itself would attract infections.

3. FOUL SMELL

A)    When you enter examination hall foul smell comes and it takes at least one hour for it to go and this is every day feature

4. TABLES AND CHAIRS

A)    The tables and chairs are an apology to write exam. They are so small that one student I observed could not seat because he is a bit fat and I can clearly see his problem in sitting and writing the exam

B)    If the exam session is summer then all could imagine they being  made of IRON  are quite a troublesome scenario

C)    The writing table is so small that you don’t have space to put up calculator, Question paper, Answer sheet and discounting table sheet given by Institute, and not to forget hand to pick up from the sheet and write with everything falling

5. DRINKING WATER

A)    The Drinking water facility is an insult to already existing problems. The mud pot looks ugly and the glass looks like never cleaned for ages

6. INVIGILATOR

A) They are unprofessional in many ways like shouting and confusing and getting

confused after discussing with another confused invigilator for simple reasons like for example his time five minutes ahead or slow when compared to others in the same hall etc.            

SUGGESTIONS:

1. If  the examination fee being charged is insufficient please collect some more
  2. Select a proper centre which has basic facilities like running water, neat/ decent wash rooms, cold water and proper seating arrangement for “PROFESSIONALS” who come to write these examinations.
  3. Print roll numbers and rooms with Neat / Good quality
  4. Put some “CA Examination Help Office” Board at the room where students can go and meet for any problem at least on the first day of the Examination.

jayaramprasad