Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikas Gupta (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT)     16 July 2011

Please solve GCL queries

Friends plz help me solving this queries...I want to submit testpaper ..As i never study these LAws before not able to solve these correctly.And i want to submit this as early as possible..So if any one can solve it will be a great help for me..

a.       Abhay’s agricultural land was purchased by the govt for the purpose of construction of a factory but no duty was paid for this transfer by the govt. Abhay wanted to take back his land on the ground that govt has not paid the duty and, therefore, no sale deed was executed. Will Abhay succeed? Give reasons.

b.      Ritu informed Sushil in the year 1998 that she had committed theft of the jewellery of her neighbour. Thereafter, Ritu and Sushil were married in 1999.In the year 2001; prosecution was started against Ritu in respect of the left of jewellery. Sushil is called to give evidence in this case. Discuss whether Sushil can disclose the communication made to him by Ritu.

c.       A document was executed by several persons at different times. The person in whose favor such execution was made , presented the document for re-registration after expiry of three months. Whether such documents can be registered and if yes, within what period?

d.      A  and B agree orally to carry on a partnership business at will and commence business also. After one year A requests B to execute a formal partnership in writing which B refuses. Can A get specific performance in this case?

9 Replies

CS Bijoy

CS Bijoy (Expert)     16 July 2011

a) In any transaction if govt will not be receiver than TDS is not to be collected.

b) I am not remember the proper section but Sushil can disclose.

c) In case of Immovable property it can bepossible after payment of extra fine amount.

d) Specific performance can be claimed as there is no agreement or contract between them.

1 Like
CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta ("PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN")     16 July 2011

Please see the attched sheet. See if it helps.

Attached File : 149668 770137 gcl some typical questions.doc downloaded: 249 times
1 Like
CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta ("PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN")     16 July 2011

Also refere this attachment.

Attached File : 149668 770150 csep paper 1june 10 .pdf downloaded: 253 times
2 Like
CA Rajat Jain

CA Rajat Jain (CA)     16 July 2011

in my opinion bijoy is right in a, c, nd in d , but in b im confusing

1 Like
Vikas Gupta

Vikas Gupta (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT)     16 July 2011

Thanks friends for replying

CA. MANAL CHAWLA

CA. MANAL CHAWLA (CA + CS Professional)     19 July 2011

Ans.

Ans 1.

As per section 3 of the Indian Stamp Act 1899, no stamp duty shall be chargeable in respect of any instrument excuted by, or on behalf of, or in favour of, the government in cases where the government would be liable to pay the stamp duty.

In the given problem, Abhay’s agricultural land was purchased by the government for the purpose of construction of a factory. In terms of the said provision, no stamp duty is payable by the Government. As such, Abhay’s contention will not succeed.

CMA. Harish Bhagat

CMA. Harish Bhagat (self practice)     04 February 2012

Dear CMA. Sanjay Gupta,

the above attachments are really very very useful.  Thank you very much for that.  I request you to please forward me the Questions & Answers for preparation of Computer Exams, because I have enrolled myself for CS Executive programme and have to appear in exams in June-2012.  I am a qualified CMA. My email id is :   harshub2004 @ yahoo.co.in

CMA. Harish Bhagat

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta ("PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN")     04 February 2012

Originally posted by : Harish

Dear CMA. Sanjay Gupta,

the above attachments are really very very useful.  Thank you very much for that.  I request you to please forward me the Questions & Answers for preparation of Computer Exams, because I have enrolled myself for CS Executive programme and have to appear in exams in June-2012.  I am a qualified CMA. My email id is :   harshub2004 @ yahoo.co.in

CMA. Harish Bhagat

mailed...also find attached herewith...

Attached File : 149668 922751 cs aptech computer training que.xls downloaded: 123 times

(Guest)

Thank you Sanjay Gupta Sir....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags