Planning to quit job and prepare for may 2012 exams

Sankar (Asst Manager-Finance&Accounts)   (48 Points)

30 November 2011  

Dear Friends

I’m in a big dilemma whether to quit job and prepare for exams…A small background of me will help you...in giving suggestions.

I have completed my CA Inter in 2003 and went for job in abroad for last 7 years..came back to India in October 2010 with the hope to prepare and appear for exams .

I initially joined classes for may 2011 exams but could not attended the classes successfully and hence had to give up my may 2011 attempt. I also got job in India (Chennai) with a MNC and was doing full time job from December  ..meanwhile I realized the importance of CA final exams and ultimately resigned the full time job in May .. same time the company retained me as a consultant on part time basis –where I have to work only 3 hours per day.

During this period I also joined classes for FA,SFM,AMA,DT and was successful in attending the classes though could not study and revise what has been taught in the classes..either on the same day or the consecutive day…

I was planning to prepare for exams from October but due to family engagements and other unavoidable events …during the period of last 2 months i.e October and November I could not prepare for exams as I planned but was able to cover something.

Now friends please suggest me is it possible to cover the whole syllabus in next 5 months and the strategy to be followed to successfully appear for MAY 2012 exams .. I wish to appear for both groups.

I also plan to resign my present job to concentrate only on exams..

Best Reg

Sankar.R