50% OFF in CA/CS/CMA Subjects

CIBIL

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

No CAT, now CAs can get into IIM-C directly

CA. Amit Daga (Finance Controller CA. CS. CFA. CIFRS. M.COM. )     23 January 2009

CA. Amit Daga
Finance Controller CA. CS. CFA. CIFRS. M.COM.  
 416 likes  8997 points

| My Other Post

Thousands of chartered accountants or company secretary graduates and ICWA pass-outs can now skip the tough Common Admission Test (CAT) and seek admission directly to the IIM-Calcutta. The management school will open 50 centres across the country and four more abroad —two each in Dubai and Sharjah—to offer an 18-month General Management Programme for accounting professionals. Lectures will be conducted by faculty members at a studio in the IIM-C but students at all these centres will be able to hear them live and interact with their teachers. A typical studio for live lectures is a classroom devoid of desks and benches. But a huge screen at the studio displays classes filled with students at all the study centres. A second screen shows teachers as students see them. An electronic board from the studio transmits data from the studio to the centres in a matter of seconds. The IIM-C has set up six such centres in Mumbai. This programme is spread over three terms and covers 16 subjects, including Financial Risk Management, Financial Statements Analysis and Business Valuation. “This course will equip students with the competence and skills required to occupy a place in the senior management or be a business strategist in diverse scenarios or even become a corporate leader. This programme caters to CAs, cost accountants and company secretaries,’’ admissions co-ordinator for the programme Darshana Vyas said

avater

BALU.... (CCI STUDENT....)     23 January 2009

BALU....
CCI STUDENT.... 
 5132 likes  44605 points

View Profile | My Other Post

hello sir

thats great news thanks for sharing sir, thanks a lot..

pranay (student)     15 February 2009

pranay
student 
 35 points

THANK U FOR THIS INFO.BUT I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT ELSE WILL BE THE SELECTION CRITERIA?PLS.GIVE DETAILS LIKE FEES,ETC,.

Renuka grad CWA,CA (associate)     20 May 2010

Renuka grad CWA,CA
associate 
 1 likes  36 points

hi..

is it compulsary to attend the classes in calcutta every week? or is there any other option available?

avater

Tanumoy Bhowmick (CA IPCC student)     09 July 2011

Tanumoy Bhowmick
CA IPCC student 
 34 points

This is one of the finest news of the century............ :D :D

avater

GAUTAM DEY (Be Patient, Live Life)     09 July 2011

GAUTAM DEY
Be Patient Live Life 
 3516 likes  17294 points

GREAT NEWS............................THANKS FOR SHARING......................

avater

Tanumoy Bhowmick (CA IPCC student)     02 August 2011

Tanumoy Bhowmick
CA IPCC student 
 34 points

But my question is.... Will the status of this 18 month course be the same as that of an IIM-C graduate ??

avater

Tanumoy Bhowmick (CA IPCC student)     02 August 2011

Tanumoy Bhowmick
CA IPCC student 
 34 points

At first ,I was really happy to see this news... but when I searched over the net, I found about this exemption nowhere...In other words, this is the only place on the net where I found something about this exemption of CAT for CAs/CSs/ICWAs.... is this genuine ??
Please don not mind the harshness of my questionn... I just wanna be clear bout certain things, thats all.

avater

RAJKUMAR (MANAGER ACCOUNTS)     22 September 2011

RAJKUMAR
MANAGER ACCOUNTS 
 24 points

Dear Sir

is there any procedure to get any exemption to enter into IIM ?means regular course......thx------- Raj

avater

divya deepthi (CA)     06 August 2012

divya deepthi
CA 
 4 likes  51 points

sir, please  inform is the exemption of CAT for CA completed students still applicable.  Please don't  mind......!indecision Because  me wants to do MBA from  any branch of IIM. If  yes,  how to approach? Please guide! So.....Thnx.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register