Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rudrajit Paul   28 September 2021

Long Term Capital Gain (Less than 1 Lakh Exempt or Taxable)

Respected Sir/Madam,

I am having trouble relating to Long-term Capital Gain.

I can't figure out how to show my Long-term Capital Gain from sale of shares in my income tax return. It is lower than 1 Lakh Rupees and hence exempt from taxation. But if I show it under section 112A the form asks for information about accrual/receipts of capital gain in 5. Long-term Capital Gains taxable at the rate of 10%. So my question to you is how else I can show it or can I show it in Schedule Exempt Income.

My knowledge of Capital Gain maybe incomplete and any information or updates are welcome.

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda

Rama chary Rachakonda (Master in Accounts & Lawyer email ID:ramachary64@gmail.com voice no:9989324294)     28 September 2021

Capital gains are generally included in taxable income, but in most cases, are taxed at a lower rate. ... Short-term capital gains are taxed as ordinary income at rates up to 37 percent; long-term gains are taxed at lower rates, up to 20 percent.

Dhirajlal Rambhia

Dhirajlal Rambhia (SEO Sai Gr. Hosp.)     28 September 2021

Fill 'Schedule 112A". There no other option. If purchase is after 31.01.2018, fill the data combined, otherwise individually.

Finally the utility will take care of 1 lakh exemption.

1 Like
veerendar singh

veerendar singh (tax consultant)     28 September 2021

Ltcg is not exempt income. dont show in schedule EI
1 Like
Rammohan

Rammohan (Retired)     30 September 2021

You may fill in the details of accrual of capital gains according to the 4 periods mentioned in the schedule. This needs to be done for advance tax purposes, but does not affect the exemption of Rs 1 lac LTCG. The total LTCG shown in Sch 112A should be the same as the total of the items in the accrual of capital gains schedule.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags