Late filling of ITR

I get my from 16 in the month of august 2011 and my tds is deducted by my company in last financial year, but i not able to file ITR till date, due to this i have to interest on not filling ITR if yes then at what per cent age and on what basic. please guide me.

Replies (5)

as your tax is already deducted you are not liable to any interest you may file your return

Originally posted by : amit jain

as your tax is already deducted you are not liable to any interest you may file your return


Please guide:

I worked for 2 companies in FY11, first one deducted TDS and as I didnt disclose my earlier income to my second company, it didnt deduct TDS. Now as I plan to e-file my return,

1) Is it possible to file return based on income from first company only; is income from second company traceable?

2) If I wish to add income from 2nd company too, how to pay extra tax liability?

 

Thanks!

Pradip Sharma

 

If you wish to add income from 2nd company then additional tax liability you can pay by self assessment tax challan. 

 

You can of course not declare income from 2nd employer to reduce tax liability. But that woudl be tax evasion not really ethical.

I don't envisage it will be traceable. But your return will be weak in the sense that if you opt for a home loan etc you will cut a sorry figure.

Regards,

Thanks Dipjyoti

Actually for the same reason now, I am going to pay self assessment tax first; I have got the link for paying self assessment tax. I hope IT dpt is not bothered for proof of additional income that I will show

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Topics :

Loading
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details