Invoice renumbering

Hi,

 

I'm working for a Canada client right now and I'm doing reconciliations from last 48 hrs on receipts and payments.

I have renumbered payments cause all payments tally invoice numbers are just numbers. Even if I make a new invoice with old date, all invoices will automatically gets renumbered.

My doubt is, I use acronyms for receipts related exports. Eg the invoice numbers are renumbered as CAN1, CAN2... Until thousand. How to renumber along with acronyms in tally prime?

Txs

Replies (3)
Quick Summary
This discussion explores the process of renumbering invoices, receipts, and payments within TallyPrime, particularly for a Canadian client. The user successfully implemented a system for renumbering payments and receipts using acronyms (e.g., CAN1, CAN2). While sales invoices generally shouldn't be renumbered due to customer and legal requirements, purchases, receipts, and payments can be adjusted. The key lies in mastering Tally's 'Alter' function to input custom commands for renumbering.

I got the answer and renumbered 2 days ago. I did it including suffix. Now I created subvouchers inside payment and receipt vouchers. I've learnt that all I have to do is master alter and give my commands :)

If you use any software it is prenumbered previously.

It's the Sales vouchers only we cannot renumber cause we give the invoice to the customers. Incase of any customer problems, legal provisions, we need that invoice number. Purchases, receipts and payment can be renumbered. (Payments, if we send an invoice we cant renumber again due to legal issues) 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details