Invalid xml: line 64 schedule hp state code

Hi all

 

I am trying to upload ITR2 XML during which I am getting this error

The XML schema is invalid. Please upload the XML in the correct schema.
At line number 64 : invalid content was found starting with element 'ITRForm:scheduleHP'. One of '{"https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/master":StateCode}' is expected

I checked the state code under schedule HP and I had selected the correct one: 19-Maharashtra.

Can anyone please suggest any possible solution?

Thanks 

Ram

 

 

Replies (5)
You open utility file again and try to validate HP schedule. if it's ok then re-generate X M L and then upload

Thank you for your reply. I validated the XML. Got the message "*Sheet House Property (HP) is ok". Then generated XML, however, getting the same message while uploading. Any other solution that you might have?

is the ITR 2 utility latest one ?
May some bug in the utility. Download ITR 2 again and repeat exercise. Try it out

Thank you again for your reply. I tried this also, and it did not work.

Few other websites had suggested that downloading Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 can help resolve the issue. I did that from this website: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=21

And it worked! I could successfully upload the ITR2 XML!

Great 👍

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details