Inst. afraid of increasing marks, a tribute to students!!

ankit gindoria (http://ankitthewriter.blogspot.com/)   (206 Points)

04 February 2010  

Most of the readers might be thinking that I am mad, "what the hell he want institute to increase marks?” "Only 7 % passed in final, 93 % can't bring 400 Marks and he want marks to increased?” 

It is my belief that our passing marks is not 400 marks, that marks is something institute want us to believe. Now everybody including people have passed and professors can't explain why the hell 93 % didn't pass, institute obviously have internal system to decide who to pass and who to fail for example state wise division. There might be others, i am no institute insider so obviously i don't know, but we have right to discuss what they could be? I think, one factor is high passing marks. What if institute have kept high passing marks for example, 430 or 440 or 450? Institute wants high inwards of students (means more money) and low outward of students (According to them, it will bring high quality of CA and of course more money), they do not want Too many students passing, that’s the fact and recent passing % reflect that.  So how can they achieve that? How can they control both of them same time? Recent passing % as made newcomers nervous, that’s one reason why institute don't want to increase marks, but this fact will violate institute other objective, High quality but low output of students. I certainly believe that nearly 30-40% deserve to clear exams, it means 30-40% must be getting >400 marks, but still 7% passed, how that possible? You should pat institute back for solving this problem in a innovative way. They have internally kept high marks for passing, for example 430,so even you get 420 marks you still fail, of course then they give you marks like 35 or 36 in different subject and pull you marks down, so when you got result, total marks look like 390 or 380. Failures later crying, “How can I get in law 35? It is simply impossible.” They are right, it is simply impossible; they might have not got 35 in law, possible 50? But in institute eyes they are failed because you didn't brought passing marks 430!!

Now million dollar question is why the hell institute will use such a trick? Why can't they simply keep 450 or their desired passing marks as true passing marks? The reason is simple and reason itself tribute to Indian students!!! Institute know very well that whatever marks they would keep, students simply going to study like mad and even achieve the marks which we think presently non-achievable. Why can't we bring those marks presently? simply because, institute know student weakness They know that if they kept 400 marks, student who just want to pass, will study for 400 marks. Students will never able to score, marks which they have internally decided. So indirectly but effectively their plan is working. They are able to kept low passing %. For example, the main difference between average student and merit student. Why average student can't bring merit? Merit student keep target with merit marks and average student 400-430 marks. Of course talent is required but i believe hard work can achieve anything. 

Now my request to future students and repeaters is to assume minimum passing marks of 450 marks and study as if passing marks is 450, i am sure we together can bring higher passing % and give good slap to institute for using such a trick. Even my theory is wrong; it will bring good results to you. I have taken final students as example; same rule applies to pcc and cpt students