Input credit for imported goods

Hello,

I am a dealer in Mumbai(Maharashtra in India). I imported goods from China assessable value of which is Rs.94680.3 On it I paid Basic Customs Duty(BCD) of 10% i.e. Rs. 9468.  Counter Veiling Duty of 12497.8 i.e. @ 12% of (104148.3) was also paid. Apart from this, Cess and additional duty of imports was also paid. Hence total of Customs Duty was 27317.

 

In addition to this, Octroi was paid on total of Assessable Value and Customs Duty i.e. on 94680+27317= 121997 @ 5.5%  which is 6710.

 

Now, if I sell these goods locally in Maharashtra, can I claim set-off i.e. input credit of any or all of these duties?

Replies (2)

Hi,.

You can claim CVD and additional duty of customs as cevat credit.

EXCEPT BCD ALL OTHER IMPORT  DUTIES CREDITS ARE ELIGIBLE

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details