Updated Online video classes available for CA,CS,CMA for May20 and Nov20 batch. Call: 1800-3000-0505

Input credit at the time of cancellation

Adarsh babu (accountant)     27 January 2020

Adarsh babu
accountant 
 1 likes  15 points

| My Other Post

I want to cancel my gst registration from December and i have input crrdit of 400000 in my credit ledger What to do this input? and can i cancel my registration?

avater

Veronika Desai   27 January 2020

Veronika Desai

15 likes  1015 points

View Profile | My Other Post

You can apply for cancellation of registration under Section 29(1) of the CGST Act, 2017 read with Rule 24(4) of CGST Rules, 2017. As per Section 29(5) of the CGST Act 2017, every registered taxable person whose registration is cancelled shall pay an amount, by way of debit in the electronic cash ledger, equivalent to the credit of input tax in respect of inputs held in stock and inputs contained in semi-finished or finished goods held in stock, or capital goods or plant and machinery, on the day immediately preceding the date of such cancellation or the output tax payable on such goods, whichever is higher. You may also refer to the provision to that sub-Section.

1 Like

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")     27 January 2020

RAJA P M
"Do the Right Thing...!!!" 
 7930 likes  108123 points

What to do this input?
- The balance ITC will be reversible at the time of cancellation of registration.

and can i cancel my registration?
- Yes... You can cancel Your registration. But, Before that settle Your all liabilities.

2 Like
avater

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner)     28 January 2020

Pankaj Rawat
GST Practitioner 
 3154 likes  42152 points

Yes the Input lying in credit ledger will get lapse. if you are having any stock on date of cancellation you need to pay GST on same or your can adjust input lying in ECL.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »