Easy Office

Income tax return has been selected under risk management process

Page no : 79

Sssss (Learner) (1845 Points)
Replied 08 April 2020

Saif please see the twitter handle of income tax department, they are saying that they will refund the income tax up to 5 lakhs immediately and if they really do it then we will be having some money in our hands in this difficult times

Amit B (38 Points)
Replied 08 April 2020

There is difference between pending income tax refund and pending assessment of return. 
The press note says IT dept will "release pending income tax refunds". In my opinion, its only applicable where return was already processed but bank account was not credited with refund due to some reasons. The press note did not say that IT dept will "process all the income tax returns" immediately .
In most of the cases, like yours, the present status is that assessment of IT return is pending. Only once assessment is completed, that it is determined that whether refund is payable (and consequently, pending) or if there is a tax demand.
If I were you, I will not raise my hope.  

Replied 14 April 2020

Hi everyone, I received the same message for ay2019-20,just now.They told me to revert back within 30 days with a response. Kindly inform me if anyone else got this same email

Mohit (CA) (22 Points)
Replied 14 April 2020

Will we get the refund?

Supriyo Chaudhuri (12 Points)
Replied 14 April 2020

Has anyone received the return post submission of this with option #1?

2 Like

Replied 14 April 2020

You won’t be getting any mail confirmation for submission of your response

Replied 14 April 2020

Last year we received the same email on 21 jan 2019 and to which they gave 10 days time, we responded with our response and then they processed the return in April 2019 and then we received our refund. This year they gave time for 30 days, so I suggest everyone to check your returns and if any discrepancies are there,kindly revise the return, it is our last chance to rectify

Phaneendra Babu (50 Points)
Replied 14 April 2020

Hi Sheena, today my sister got same msg what it means, pls do needful tq.

Replied 14 April 2020

Pls check your return, if anything is missing or omitted, kindly revise it immediately. If everything is correct just reply with option 1 in efiling website.
1 Like

Replied 14 April 2020

Is it like scrutiny assessment, wheter she needs to submit proofs and all to Department, one thing is she is 8th month pregnant now and her expected delivery date probably in may mid...at this what this nusense and all, it's just around 80k refund and FY 2019-20 she quit her job this time no need file the return also in next AY 2020-2021.... Pls do needful with ur experience....as I have seen u r a CA.tq...my mail id babuphaneendra5 @ gmail.com.

Replied 14 April 2020

Previously she recived some adjustments proposed and she replied to that in e-proceedings and filed revised also by doing modification in health expenditure and now again this mail...is there any chance to go to IT office and provide support for that claim..

Ani (Freelancer) (102 Points)
Replied 14 April 2020

Hi 

I have also received the mail for risk assessment and received last year as well. They announce on 8th April they will be releasing refund and now another notice.

Siva Appikonda (Chartered Accountant) (175 Points)
Replied 15 April 2020

Tax payer and some tax consultant file ITR showing incorrect claim like increased amount of 80c deduction, wrong HRA claim, lower salary etc to get refund. computer cross check it from TDS return filed by employer and suspend processing of ITR and it is to be transferred to jurisdictional assessing officer for manual scrutiny in which tax payer has to submit proof of their claim and if found incorrect penalty may be levied. So if refund claim is correct then reply yes if it is incorrect then file revised return.Contact me for any queries.

CA Siva Appikonda 8522857008

Replied 15 April 2020

@ phaneendra babu, I have sent you a direct message kindly check and act accordingly

Vijay Thapa (15 Points)
Replied 15 April 2020

I have also received the same msg. As per my belief it is correct and I chose 1 option. But how do I know its correct or incorrect. Pl help me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: