Easy Office

Income tax return has been selected under risk management process

Page no : 50

Kush Dev (136 Points)
Replied 29 April 2019

@ Shobhit you’re right Shobhit. Two of my friends who got their intimation order on the 16th got the refund failure sms today due non prevalidation of bank account. Even though they had a different bank account prevalidated, other than the one mentioned in the ITR. Seems the ITD is now only considering accounts mentioned in the ITR, if that is prevalidated then the refund will be credited otherwise not. They are just finding new ways of delaying refunds. Truly pathetic.

Vineeth (31 Points)
Replied 29 April 2019

@ Saimahender Reddy Note the account number that you gave for refund and once you login to income tax website, goto Profile Settings -> Prevalidate Your Bank Account.If the account that you gave for refund is listed there and in the last column(Status) it says 'Validated' or 'Validated and EVC enabled' it means your account is prevalidated. If its not there or says 'Request Submitted' it means its not. In order to add the account (if its not there) follow the instructions here
Once you enter the bank details and submit for pre validation, you should receive an sms or email almost immediately if it was successful. Hope it helps

Saimahender Reddy (12 Points)
Replied 29 April 2019

Thank you Vineeth.,i see it is done in my case.. Thank you very much

Replied 29 April 2019

Refund Issued for PAN AO... Xxxxx for Assessment Year 2018-19 has failed due to Pan not linked to the Account, for reissue please use online services.

Replied 29 April 2019

But my account is linked with pan

Jay.. (Employee) (38 Points)
Replied 29 April 2019

Refund Issued for PAN AO... Xxxxx for Assessment Year 2018-19 has failed due to Pan not linked to the Account, for reissue please use online services. ...but my account is linked with pan..please guide what to do

Faiz Ahmed (4 Points)
Replied 29 April 2019

Exactly same concern. Bank account is prevalidated already which implies it is linked with PAN yet received the mail stating refund issue failed due to Pan not linked with account. Ironic.

Kush Dev (136 Points)
Replied 29 April 2019

It’s the same story with everyone I guess. They have previously credited refunds into the accounts which were not prevaidated. I’m more than convinced now that this is just another underhanded trick by this incredibly incompetent dept in delaying the refunds even further. What a shameless bunch of morons.

pintu (dev) (30 Points)
Replied 29 April 2019

Refund Issued for PAN AO... Xxxxx for Assessment Year 2018-19 has failed due to Pan not linked to the Account, for reissue please use online services. ...but my account is linked with pan..please guide what to do
while filling the tx returns I have given my citi bank details but in the privalidation bank lict citi bank is not available.
Please advise.

Vineeth (31 Points)
Replied 30 April 2019

I finally got my refund for the revision of AY17-18 that I filed in October 2017. I had got the risk assessment mail, then the refund failed due to PAN not linked with DBS a/c given for refund(even though it was linked with my Aadhaar and PAN with DBS and not getting any help from DBS officials and the usual scriptted reply from ITD) . I filed the service request for refund reissue with an HDFC account which I prevalidated and enabled EVC. The long wait for years to get refund is finally over. I think the refund works only with the banks given in the ITD portal(in the Generate EVC Code section) though there is not confirmation from them on this aas well.

Before you proceed with refund reissue make sure you have a bank account which is 'Validated and EVC enabled' (Status) in the Profile Settings->prevalidate Your bank account. Make sure that EVC works by going to your netbanking and generating an EVC  in My Account->Generate EVC->Generate EVC through Netbanking(you should receive an SMS with the alphanumeric code).I chose a bank which is listed there(HDFC), I guess support for other banks are limited but please anyone confirm if they received refund in a bank not in this list.

For guys who received the PAN not linked,login to ITD website go to MyAccount->Service Request->New Request->Refund Reissue(Request Category) and click submit you should see the refund listed that has failed(if its not there wait another day). Click Submit next to it. Enter new bank details(that is already EVC enabled as explained before) and it will send you a new EVC code again to the mobile. Enter the new EVC code and place the request. You should get the refund in about 2 working days. This is how I finally got it after the long circus with ITD after these years. Good luck to the rest of the guys and thanks to everyone who helped and replied in the forum. 

Kush Dev (136 Points)
Replied 30 April 2019

@ Pinto please see if you have an account with any of the banks listed on ITD, prevalidate that account and then submit the refund reissue request. Above Vineeth has explained the procedure in detail. @ Vineeth finally! You must be a relieved man today. Thanks again for all the details, I’m sure it’ll be helpful to other members.

Vineeth (31 Points)
Replied 30 April 2019

@ Kush Dev, yes indeed, finally such a relief.  I see in the TRACES website like @ Saif and others mentioned that TDS details are incomplete so even if the new ITR forms are there, its practically useless. I'll take a break and wait for a couple of months till they are all in order. ITD has become a real pain these days. 

Mahesh Mule (59 Points)
Replied 30 April 2019

Refund recived against my revised ITR for assessment year 18/19 on April 25

Kush Dev (136 Points)
Replied 30 April 2019

@ Mahesh Hi Mahesh, on what date did you receive your intimation order?

Mahesh Mule (59 Points)
Replied 30 April 2019

On April 12

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro