I have e-filed Income tax return of my father (for AY 2012-13) on 27th July 2012. I have not yet received the refund.
When I contacted to Bengaluru on 18004252229, they told me to type CPC reference no. I don't have CPC reference no.
My query is how/when will I get my CPC reference no?
My another query is, my father has rejoined the office after his retirement on contract basis & received the professional fees on monthly basis. The employer has deducted TDS under 194J & issued form 16A.While filing the return, these professional fees have taken under the head of "Other Income" & not under the head of "Salary Income"
Is this correct the head of Income? & if not then is this can be the reason for not processing the return & not getting refund?
Please help..as we are waiting for refund since August?
First check whether Income Tax Department has processed your father return or not . If yes, than you will receive intimation 143(1) in e-mail id. In intimation Refund Rerence No. is given.
If processed and there is no querry means refunds as per return than you should wait for refund cheque if you select refund by cheque or if you select reund by ECS option than verify your father bank pass-book of the bank account which is given while filing return.
One other option to verify the refund in " Online Refund Status" . site wherein you have to just tuye PAN IN CAPITAL LETTER and select relevant Assessment Year.
If income tax return is not proceed than message will be that your jurisdiction A.O. has not processed retunrn. In this case wait upto return processing.
If return is processed than message will be (1) if refund by cheque than refund cheque has been posted (2) if refund by ECS than your refund is credited
or if there is any querrey than it will be messaged as refund status.