INCOME TAX NSC CALCULATION

I HAVE PURCHASE NSC FY 2016-17. AND ITS MATURITY IS FY 2020-21. I HAVE NOT SHOWN INTEREST ACCURED IN 2016-17 TO 2019-2020. I HAVE RECEIVED MATURITY AMOUNT. NOW WHAT I CAN SHOW INCOME TAX RETURN FILING FOR A.Y.2020-21. WHEN I PURCHASE I HAVE DEDUCTION U/S 80C CLAIMED.

WHETHER FIVE YEAR INTEREST IS TAXABLE AND DEDUCTION  80C CLAIM FOR 4 YEARS.

REPLY URGENTLY FOR FILING INCOME TAX RETURN


Attached File : 953967 20210511033650 new text document.txt downloaded: 19 times
Replies (2)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies how to handle the maturity of a National Savings Certificate (NSC) purchased in FY 2016-17, maturing in FY 2020-21, for income tax return filing. The accrued interest over the five years is taxable in the year of maturity (FY 2020-21). While the initial purchase amount may have been claimed under Section 80C, the accumulated interest needs to be reported as income for the assessment year 2021-22.

Yes the interest is taxable
Report the total interest for 5 years in this year and pay tax on the same.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details