Income tax- hra

Hi,

I have one flat booked in Gurgaon (under construction, possession not given). It was booked in year 2009. I have been living in Delhi on rent till Oct'16 and have purchased the same flat (in which living on rent) in Nov'16. Till now I was availing HRA benefits for Delhi flat by showing rent receipts and landlord's PAN number. Also, I was availing benefit of Rs 2Lakh on interest part for Gurgaon's flat (loan taken from SBI bank). The Delhi flat is co-owned by me and wife and also loan is borrowed by both (HDFC bank). Now, I need to submit the documents in my office for TDS deduction. Pls help me on below points:

a) Should I show anywhere about Gurgaon property?

b) HRA can be claimed from Apr'16 till Oct'16? As property has been purchased in Nov and currently we are residing there.

c) Can I avail home loan interest benefit (loan HDFC for currently purchased property)? Also me and wife are co-owner and co-borrowers, can I avail 100% interest benefit or 50% only?

 

Regards, Rajiv

Replies (3)

Gurgaon property to be reported.

For claiming HRA Exemption as well as Interest on Housing Loan please consult your CA to advise correctly as wrong claim can lead into levy of penalty.

 

a) Gurgaon property to be shown as deemed let out under the head "income from house property"
b) hrs can be claimed for the period specified if you rent receipts with you.
c) interest deduction u/s 24(b) can be availed by both upto respective shares ie 50% each.
HRA*
you've*

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details