Important for IPCC -- Approach to Success

CA Sourabh Agarwal (Chartered Accountant) (4240 Points)

10 September 2010  

I followed this and got AIR 22

Group I

Accounts [80 marks] ----- Tulsian, if u have sufficient time or if u are weak on concepts. If u don't have time then make concepts clear from tulsian and go for scanner. Practice, Practice and Practice hard.......i have 10 copies filled of accountancy only.

Audit [66 marks] ----- Firstly go for surbhi bansal book. Don't go for padhuka as it is very very lengthy and nowadays trend has been practical. Try to gain knowledge from industry. Then when once your exam arrives just simply read suggested answers as many times as you can. I have read it whole 3 times and 70 marks of paper was directly relates to it. AS and SA are damn important.

Law [58 marks] ---- Undoubtely Munish Bhandhari and solve as many practical ques. you can. Don't waste time learning Section. I have attempted 75 marks and got 58 of it. I have written only one section in complete paper and no case law. If you are eager to learn these wait till finals.......

Group II

Costing/FM [82 marks] ----- Grasp the concept from any book and practice as hard as you can in costing. In FM concept clarity is more important than practice. Gain complete knowledge of time value as 30% of your course in finals depend on time value and capital budgeting. This subject requires more of concepts then practice. Module is very important here. Learn theory it is easy as well as covers 25-30 marks.

Taxation [63 marks] ----- I have referred Ahuja/Gupta but T.N. Manoharan is also good. Only strategy of tax is grasp the concepts and keep 1 hour daily separate for this subject and just read it like Hanuman Chalisa. You may be frustrated initially but you itself would be amazed of results thereon. I remembered almost every section which counts to more than 150 including subsection on the day of exam. These approaches were taught by my teacher or say my guru.

IT/SM [72 marks] -----Never referred any book except Modules. They are best material here available. Again grasp concepts and must do flowchart. [Confirm 10 marks]. For this don’t go for practice of flowcharts given in module as many of them are typical and hard to learn and also never asked in exams. Use Suggested for it.

For SM go through module understanding everything, don’t try to cram it. I have not done any case law for practice but I was cleared on each topic conceptually. If someone can see SM paper of May’10 will find a question of 10 marks on some matrix. It was in 4 parts and all answers was one word if one knows concept behind it.

General

At first grasp each and every concept in all subjects. AS are very important as it is again covered in finals and they are same and also in three papers. Practice as hard as you can. Attend tution if you lack at concepts but remember it is only one person who can can make you pass and its you itself. Self study rocks. Revision is again most important. I have completed my course three times (I was in PCC) but IPCC don’t have to go to office so don’t try to get excuses here. Atleast plan two times in each subject and a short third revision specially for theory subject. It is must. And most importantly have dedication and passion for the course.

Keep in touch of CACLUBINDIA. I had rarely missed a day not logging this website.

Any personal query or conceptual problem may be mailed to me at saurabh7567 @ gmail.com in any topic of any subject. You can send personal messages to me. I will try to resolve your queries.