I need know the tax implication of Presumptive income declaration

I need to know the tax implication of below situation

I have annual salary income of 3 Lakhs. In addition to that I am doing freelance video editing service in the free time.i am serving video editing works through online marketing place which is stuated in United States. It is like a e commerce site which is used selling services. So am  getting money from outside India.  So I am getting around 5 Lakhs yearly as freelance income.

My doubt is can I declare the above mentioned freelance income as presumptive income Section 44 AD. Is there any implication for this. So that I can declare 6% of 5 Lakhs as income from business.

Any one please advise me

Replies (6)
I think video editing service may fall under specified Profession under Rule 6F of Section 44AA (3) and hence it will be 44ADA and not 44AD.

Under 44ADA you have to show minimum 50% or actual whichever is higher , as taxable income

Sir. Video editing meaning. I am providing freelance video editing work through online marketing place like e commerce site which is used for selling services.  It is situated in United States. So income received from out side india. 

@ Ajesh
You can definitely avoid tax by tax planning. But can not evade by resorting to other means.

It Will be either regular business/Professional income or under 44ADA.
I think video editor in respect of a cinematograph film is included in the definition of film artist under rule 6F. so I think, you can opt 44AD
Ajesh
this is not called presumptive income.
This is incomes from business and profession .
Are u maintaining books of accounts which HAS TO BE basically audited by a qualified CA.

Sir,

Can you please explain . which categories of income falls under Presumptive income category in ITR ?. I have read in somewhere else this is fall under 44AD that why..

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details