Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

HUF return filing issue for AY 2022-22 in Form ITR 2

GAURAV AGGARWAL (8 Points)

10 July 2021  

I am trying to file return for AY 2021-22 for HUF in form ITR 2. The return is to be verified by "Karta" of HUF using his PAN. 

However, it not allowing me to submit the return, with the below error
message. 

ITR 2 - In Part A GEN -Serial No h- Their is no representative assesse added.

The PAN of Representative assesse is different from the person trying to verify the return of HUF. Hence, the PAN of Karta needs to added as representative assesse. Kindly clarify.

This was not the case in previous years ITRs

82 Replies

Balamurali Unnithan MS (STUDENT) (1631 Points)
Replied 10 July 2021

Check who is register as Karta in the portal.
And confirm the same person is trying to sign and included in the verifier info while filing the return.

Replied 10 July 2021

I have added the Karta PAN under the Key person details (profile section), still the same error. 

ashok oza (189 Points)
Replied 11 July 2021

I too am facing the Same issues. Verification page, in the end, doesn't accept HUF PAN number. Have raised Grievance with CPC. Awaiting Response.

Replied 18 July 2021

Any feedback from cpc

ashok oza (189 Points)
Replied 18 July 2021

NO feedback so far. 

swamy.cb (Manager-Accounts) (431 Points)
Replied 22 July 2021

same problem for me also. till las year we need to select as karta and mentioned our individual PAN number and gohead. But not its asking for Whether this return is being filed by a representative assessee 

waiting for any update this 

ashok oza (189 Points)
Replied 22 July 2021

After completing Validation successfully, the software on new website throws error in Part A , General. Plus, on the verification page at the end of ITR2, , my HUF PAN number is not accepted. (it says invalid PAN number). Both screenshots are attached herewith. Infosys has still not sorted out these software glitches. Don't know how long should I wait !!!? Also, my grievance, raised with CPC,  hasn't received any response. Calling CPC is waste of time.  

Attached File : 2381445 20210722231206 screenshot 1 merged.pdf downloaded: 55 times

Mukesh J Ladia (Officer) (139 Points)
Replied 24 July 2021

Same problem with me for same error. I had tried many times, but same problem. Is there any solution or procedure to pass this error...

ashok oza (189 Points)
Replied 24 July 2021

I seriously think, we all should stop wasting our time, trying to upload (file) HUF returns. 

Maybe, if there are more grievances raised with CPC, on the "same" issue, we may see, from CPC,  some semblance of a "Solution or Procedure" (as Mukesh helplessly puts it) to pass this error and successfully upload HUF ITR. 

Mukesh J Ladia (Officer) (139 Points)
Replied 25 July 2021

Yes, we all should wait for rectification in system by CPC team. CPC may have noted this problem and they will solve the problem of software

Heena Vanwari (3 Points)
Replied 04 August 2021

I got the same error. Tried updating key person as well. Where to raise a grievance and how long to wait for filing HUF return ...I tried adding representative assessee under others with karta pan. Same entered while verification and still same error. 

ashok oza (189 Points)
Replied 04 August 2021

Last date 30 September, Still Two months away. 

So, wait , and, meanwhile,  raise grievance with CPC.

santosh (self) (26 Points)
Replied 09 August 2021

I am also facing similar issues

ashok oza (189 Points)
Replied 09 August 2021

It's almost a month since this HUF ITR filing issue is being faced by "Kartas", Santosh heroin the latest addition. Looks like the " Waiting" is still not over for us. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register